The Madoka Resurrections Trailer

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
SailorTardis
Org Profile

The Madoka Resurrections Trailer

Post by SailorTardis » Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:42 pm

So despite an old Winx trailer I did for college back in 2016, I haven't done a Trailer AMV. But, the first trailer for the new Matrix was one of my fave trailers in a long time. It's just a really well edited trailer with a KILLER music choice.

I thought the trailer could work with Madoka Magica, and it was really fun to try to mach up the footage. The masking though, THAT was a pain.

TBH, I really love how it came out.

"Of course! Don't you know anything about science?"

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Re: The Madoka Resurrections Trailer

Post by SilkAMV » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:25 am

Wow, I was REALLY into this. What an inspired anime choice, it worked really well. I grinned huge when Madoka asked Kyubey if she was crazy, and it answered. The editing and scene selection got steadily more intense, building tension and then releasing it for a great finish. I would tell you to enter this into contests if it weren't for the official logos. Most competitions won't accept videos with them for legal reasons. If you make a special contest version of this video that replaces them, you've definitely got a contender here.

SailorTardis
Org Profile

Post by SailorTardis » Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:40 pm

SilkAMV wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:25 am
Wow, I was REALLY into this. What an inspired anime choice, it worked really well. I grinned huge when Madoka asked Kyubey if she was crazy, and it answered. The editing and scene selection got steadily more intense, building tension and then releasing it for a great finish. I would tell you to enter this into contests if it weren't for the official logos. Most competitions won't accept videos with them for legal reasons. If you make a special contest version of this video that replaces them, you've definitely got a contender here.
Just a question, do I need to custom make logos? I added the Aniplex and Madoka logo at the end. Would those not be accepted?

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Post by SilkAMV » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:02 am

SailorTardis wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:40 pm
SilkAMV wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:25 am
Just a question, do I need to custom make logos? I added the Aniplex and Madoka logo at the end. Would those not be accepted?
You don't necessarily need to, but it's certainly a good option. You could either make custom logos, or just replace them with more footage. The Madoka logo might not be as big an issue as the Aniplex one, but modifying or replacing it is still the safer choice.

SailorTardis
Org Profile

Post by SailorTardis » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:57 pm

So I tried some unique logos. How do they look?

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Post by SilkAMV » Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:01 am

Wow, those look great! You know, I'm regretting not checking this out in the WIP thread where I could have brought this stuff up earlier. After helping you with your last video, I wanted to wait and see for this one. So, I very much apologize for bringing up this next suggestion after the video has technically premiered. Watching through this again I noticed at 2:04 there is the lyric "Off with her head" and the beheading clip is at 2:17. Might be those two should go together.

SailorTardis
Org Profile

Post by SailorTardis » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:49 pm

SilkAMV wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:01 am
Wow, those look great! You know, I'm regretting not checking this out in the WIP thread where I could have brought this stuff up earlier. After helping you with your last video, I wanted to wait and see for this one. So, I very much apologize for bringing up this next suggestion after the video has technically premiered. Watching through this again I noticed at 2:04 there is the lyric "Off with her head" and the beheading clip is at 2:17. Might be those two should go together.
TBH, I did try that at first, but it didn't look right. I had the clip of Sayaka diving in, but it clashed with the beheading clip. Also, since the audio had Trish screaming at that moment, I felt like i should use a clip that matched it. The shot with Homura falling both flowed better with the previous clip and matched the screaming I did put the beheading clip at the later part for the be your head lyric tho tbh.

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Post by SilkAMV » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:51 pm

SailorTardis wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:49 pm
TBH, I did try that at first, but it didn't look right. I had the clip of Sayaka diving in, but it clashed with the beheading clip. Also, since the audio had Trish screaming at that moment, I felt like i should use a clip that matched it. The shot with Homura falling both flowed better with the previous clip and matched the screaming I did put the beheading clip at the later part for the be your head lyric tho tbh.
I see. It's good that you put a lot of thought into it, then.

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:47 pm

Quite decent trailer , would say it works which is good, maybe i would prefer more sync at end since it kinda climaxes it but it kinda works like this too.
Still better than that MMO.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:23 pm

Very well done.

Looks like you put a lot of work into this, I think it really paid off.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”