Sports-themed AMV made as intro to the 2021 Tekko AMV Contest (Two Steps From Hell's Heart of Courage)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
rogueintellectproductions
Org Profile

Sports-themed AMV made as intro to the 2021 Tekko AMV Contest (Two Steps From Hell's Heart of Courage)

Post by rogueintellectproductions » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:40 am

Hi, all. Here is the intro video to the 2021 Tekko AMV Contest. Aside from the splash card at the end, it could be pretty much a standalone AMV focused on sports anime (the convention's theme in 2020, before it was postponed due to COVID). It's the first video I've posted in a while - 15+ years, to be precise - so please don't expect a lot of standout FX. (There are some very subtle ones - a lens flare, a camera push here and there, etc.) This AMV is grounded more on timing and mood, with a goal of building the viewer's hype levels up over the course of the vid.

Thanks!
To paraphrase one Mr. Cool James, please refrain from referring to it as a revival, I've been lurking for ages.

seasons
Org Profile

Re: Sports-themed AMV made as intro to the 2021 Tekko AMV Contest (Two Steps From Hell's Heart of Courage)

Post by seasons » Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:47 pm

Oops, I downloaded this and waited a day too long to watch it. Now the thread is locked!

This was a cool mix of sources, you made them all work extremely well together. Pretty good flow from scene to scene.

Feel like I've heard this music several times before in other AMVs. I am not a fan of this piece at all but I thought you synced the action to it really well and for the first time I felt like it was a really appropriate musical choice that brought out the best in these scenes.

Short but punchy video that delivers the goods, this would work really well as an intro for a contest. A shame that it didn't actually get to do that... or at least, hasn't yet.

(side note: This played very slow and choppy for me in VLC but played very smoothly in Virtualdub. Just in case anyone else has the same experience, try a different media player just in case. But this also could have been an issue on my computer alone, maybe the video is just fine.)

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”