Mask Hysteria

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
vkamv
Org Profile

Mask Hysteria

Post by vkamv » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:44 pm

Do you enjoy AMVs that have no plot, theme, or purpose for existence? Over 2 minutes of completely masked scenes, masked the old fashion way with the pen tool and non of that “New Age” roto brush mumbo jumbo? Scenes from a ten year old anime combined with scenes from its new critically panned side story anime? Out of place and overused ecchi scenes from popular animated music video? Random anime cameos from some popular and other not so popular anime? Cringe-worthy effects that will not only assault your retina but also perhaps also insult your intelligence? If so, this AMV is for you.

A video a made in October 2021. Covers Magia Record S2.
Last edited by vkamv on Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Re: Mask Hysteria

Post by Zarxrax » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:14 pm

That was really cool. The masking was really well done and I don't even want to think about how long that must have took.

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Post by SilkAMV » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:48 am

vkamv wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:44 pm
Masked the old fashion way with the pen tool and non of that “New Age” roto brush mumbo jumbo?
Hell yeah, pen tool is superior. This is the masking equivalent of a pride parade. It's showing off what's its got without caring what anyone thinks. Sometimes you just have to go hog wild and just make something the eye just can't ignore, even as it forcibly shuts down your brain. Every time I almost said "What about beat sync" or "What are they trying to say by putting that scene there" something else comes completely out of left field that I can neither explain or understand the decision behind and I just submit to the video's unrelenting, uncomplicated tidal wave of awesome.

vkamv
Org Profile

Post by vkamv » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:31 pm

Zarxrax wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:14 pm
That was really cool. The masking was really well done and I don't even want to think about how long that must have took.
Thanks for taking the time to view and comment. I appreciate it. Funny thing is that when I started this AMV I didn't have quite enough masked scenes to fill 2 minutes and 15 seconds, but now I have more than double that amount of masks and half of which had to be excluded.
SilkAMV wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:48 am
vkamv wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:44 pm
Masked the old fashion way with the pen tool and non of that “New Age” roto brush mumbo jumbo?
Hell yeah, pen tool is superior. This is the masking equivalent of a pride parade. It's showing off what's its got without caring what anyone thinks. Sometimes you just have to go hog wild and just make something the eye just can't ignore, even as it forcibly shuts down your brain. Every time I almost said "What about beat sync" or "What are they trying to say by putting that scene there" something else comes completely out of left field that I can neither explain or understand the decision behind and I just submit to the video's unrelenting, uncomplicated tidal wave of awesome.
Thanks for taking the time to view and comment, and sticking with it until the end. :mrgreen:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”