Christmas AMV & Far From Any Road

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
vkamv
Org Profile

Christmas AMV & Far From Any Road

Post by vkamv » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:34 pm

An expansion of a prior AMV I made. This time with more Mickey Mouse scenes and Magia Record scenes.

A loose parody of the True Detective openings.
Last edited by vkamv on Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Re: Christmas AMV & Far From Home

Post by SilkAMV » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:16 am

Christmas AMV: See you in Hell buddy. I'll be right behind you, laughing at this video. I wish I had more to say than that, but damn. I just can't.

Far From Any Road: this goes for the other video too, but your masks are really clean. This was just absolutely gorgeous to look at, and I definitely am going to give it a few more watches.

My initial impressions though, are that this is a showcase of pure editing talent without a solid video idea. I didn't get the feeling there was any special reason you chose Madoka Magika for this song over any other show. There doesn't seem to be any unexpected creative synergy with this song/source combination. You could make this same exact video over and over using just about any anime and it wouldn't feel any different. It could work better with something more obvious like Cowboy Bebop I think.

That's just my first impression though. There might be something deeper that I'm missing, but I don't get the feeling that there is from just one viewing. As it is, it's a glorious piece of eye candy, and that's not nothing.

vkamv
Org Profile

Post by vkamv » Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:37 am

SilkAMV wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:16 am
Christmas AMV: See you in Hell buddy. I'll be right behind you, laughing at this video. I wish I had more to say than that, but damn. I just can't.

Far From Any Road: this goes for the other video too, but your masks are really clean. This was just absolutely gorgeous to look at, and I definitely am going to give it a few more watches.

My initial impressions though, are that this is a showcase of pure editing talent without a solid video idea. I didn't get the feeling there was any special reason you chose Madoka Magika for this song over any other show. There doesn't seem to be any unexpected creative synergy with this song/source combination. You could make this same exact video over and over using just about any anime and it wouldn't feel any different. It could work better with something more obvious like Cowboy Bebop I think.

That's just my first impression though. There might be something deeper that I'm missing, but I don't get the feeling that there is from just one viewing. As it is, it's a glorious piece of eye candy, and that's not nothing.
Thanks for taking the time to view and for the comment. I appreciate it. The song Far From Any Road itself tells a specific story so that would make it hard to fit the anime lyrical wise. There were a few parts where I was able to fit the lyrics but overall wanted to fit the mood and highlight a few themes of Madoka with the masks and overlays. Thanks again!

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:41 am

That Christmas one is a lot of fun and has good masking. Belongs in anyone's Christmas video playlist!

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”