Demon Slayer [Be Just Or Be Dead]

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
RobNixilis
Org Profile

Demon Slayer [Be Just Or Be Dead]

Post by RobNixilis » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:41 pm

https://www.animemusicvideos.org/member ... p?v=206927

Anime : Demon Slayer - Kimetsu no Yaiba
Song : Holy Orders (Be Just Or Be Dead)
Artist : SSH (Saitama Saisyu Heiki)

Hey there, this is my first published video and would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Re: Demon Slayer [Be Just Or Be Dead]

Post by SilkAMV » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:01 am

It reminds me of my first AMV. I listened to the music, thought of some of my favorite scenes that would look cool with it, and just let them play. I'd say the majority of editors start out that way. If I were to estimate where you are in your development as an editor, you are in the honeymoon stage of "This is awesome!" Some editors prefer to stay in that honeymoon stage forever, and never improve. Since you are posting this here, that must mean you intend to move to the next stage, and begin your descent into the valley of "Oh my god I suck."

Don't worry. You don't actually suck. You're just going to think you do. The important thing going forward is to hold onto that "This is awesome!" feeling, which you clearly have a solid grasp of already. I enjoyed watching this video because I liked the music, and I liked watching those cool scenes. Except, I wasn't enjoying the video for its own sake. This music is awesome, and Demon Slayer is awesome. Therefore, you have the ingredients of an awesome video. The problem is you're just throwing them raw onto a plate and calling it dinner. You don't know how to cook them into a meal yet.

For tips on how to do that, you should check out the guides and tutorials section of this forum.

RobNixilis
Org Profile

Re: Demon Slayer [Be Just Or Be Dead]

Post by RobNixilis » Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:19 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I was mostly going for fight timing based edits rather than creating any kind of a story build up to transition into fights. Mostly because with the music having such a fast tempo throughout the entire track, I didn't feel there was really a way to create that kind of build up anyway. So I felt 100% fight scenes was the way to go with this music choice.

The downside to it having to be 100% action with that kind of tempo was that there wasn't enough content to keep it consistent with one character or sticking to a specific arc of storyline. So in the end I went with just showcasing all 3 main characters in what I thought were their best fight scenes of the season.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”