The Planets with Chicago Symphony Orchestra

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Megamom
Org Profile

The Planets with Chicago Symphony Orchestra

Post by Megamom » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:26 am

Well my friends, here is my AMV for October and November :lol:

To be honest, this AMV is an excuse for you to listen to the incredible work of Gustav Holst, for me The Planets (1916) is a fantastic and beautiful piece, which has influenced many contemporary composers, such as John Williams (Star Wars) or Hans Zimmer (Interstellar) I think this is worth listening to, even once in a lifetime, so people, take your headphones and come with me to these fantastic worlds created by Holst :oops:

Happy black friday |:>

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Re: The Planets with Chicago Symphony Orchestra

Post by SilkAMV » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:50 pm

There is something interesting about a mis-match of intensity between visuals and music. When visuals are intense, but the music is soft, it works as an artistic choice far better than vice-versa. With that in mind, I think Part 2 is less awkward to watch than Part 1. The first half had a deeply intense and epic soundtrack, but the visuals couldn't quite match those same levels. It was almost like a parody of overdramatic mood, so in that sense it kind of works, but only kind of.

Part 2 had mostly soft visuals and very soft music, so they were matched much better. Even the points where the visuals were intense worked with the soft music, making it altogether easier to engage with than Part 1, in my opinion. Overall, this project works very well on a conceptual level, and demands to be watched and judged on its own terms. I can respect that, even with the problems I had with it.

One thing I have no complaints about is the length. Even at 15 minutes, it definitely felt shorter than it was, which is the mark of a good video by any measure.

Megamom
Org Profile

Post by Megamom » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:59 am

SilkAMV wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:50 pm
There is something interesting about a mis-match of intensity between visuals and music. When visuals are intense, but the music is soft, it works as an artistic choice far better than vice-versa. With that in mind, I think Part 2 is less awkward to watch than Part 1. The first half had a deeply intense and epic soundtrack, but the visuals couldn't quite match those same levels. It was almost like a parody of overdramatic mood, so in that sense it kind of works, but only kind of.

Part 2 had mostly soft visuals and very soft music, so they were matched much better. Even the points where the visuals were intense worked with the soft music, making it altogether easier to engage with than Part 1, in my opinion. Overall, this project works very well on a conceptual level, and demands to be watched and judged on its own terms. I can respect that, even with the problems I had with it.

One thing I have no complaints about is the length. Even at 15 minutes, it definitely felt shorter than it was, which is the mark of a good video by any measure.
Muchas gracias por comentar, Thanks I appreciate it with all my heart, hahaha it's funny, part 02 is my favorite too. For part 01 I was not very clear what I wanted to do, Mars is very epic and easy to listen to, it is like war, easy to do and with great consequences, I did something simple, based on this idea.

Part 02, Venus is one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard, the composition is complex and I wanted to take advantage of this. The first time I saw episode 11 of Revue Starlight, I thought: "This episode is like Gustav Holst's Venus" someone sacrifices himself for peace (the girl with black hair) and from here use leitmotiv, for example: 8:50 and 12:12 the trumpet in growing, when she works carryng stars, 9:27 and 10:35 the violin solos, it is as if she (and the Violin) is asking for forgiveness, 11:45, the two harps are more intimate, it's as if they were talking to each other, I just put a shot of the protagonists staring at each other... and etc etc etc.

This is why part 02 is my favorite, it is a game between music and scenes, very simple but effective :oops:
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

ProstrateConstantly
Org Profile

Post by ProstrateConstantly » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:48 am

A beautiful and evocative video for beautiful and evocative music. I was totally unfamiliar with either source going into this, so this video was just an absolute experience through and through. Everything in this video makes perfect emotional sense to me and it was exactly what I needed to see this morning, and I am grateful for it.

As a counter to the prior comment, I personally didn't feel a disconnect between the music and visual synchronization in part 1, and even think it may be my favorite portion of the video. However my own penchant for overdramatization may be coming into play here lol. The only critique I might offer is some of the more direct beat syncs, like those at the 2 minute mark, could benefit from being more tightly synced to make them hit to their full potential. Lastly I will definitely further the prior sentiment that it is an incredible feat that this vid feels as breezy and quick as it does, the 15 minutes totally fly by. Lightning in a bottle.

Megamom
Org Profile

Post by Megamom » Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:45 am

ProstrateConstantly wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:48 am
A beautiful and evocative video for beautiful and evocative music. I was totally unfamiliar with either source going into this, so this video was just an absolute experience through and through. Everything in this video makes perfect emotional sense to me and it was exactly what I needed to see this morning, and I am grateful for it.

As a counter to the prior comment, I personally didn't feel a disconnect between the music and visual synchronization in part 1, and even think it may be my favorite portion of the video. However my own penchant for overdramatization may be coming into play here lol. The only critique I might offer is some of the more direct beat syncs, like those at the 2 minute mark, could benefit from being more tightly synced to make them hit to their full potential. Lastly I will definitely further the prior sentiment that it is an incredible feat that this vid feels as breezy and quick as it does, the 15 minutes totally fly by. Lightning in a bottle.
Thank you very much for commenting, I am happy that you like music :D
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:06 am

Good Lord man.

...I will have more to say about this in a few weeks.

vivafruit
Org Profile

Post by vivafruit » Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:39 am

Watched the whole thing and had a great time. I really enjoy “long form” amvs like this one. It feels like a complete journey. Here you did a great job of contrasting the two songs using color, editing speed and scene selection. Very cool stuff.

Megamom
Org Profile

Post by Megamom » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:23 am

CrackTheSky wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:06 am
Good Lord man.

...I will have more to say about this in a few weeks.
:up: :P <3
vivafruit wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:39 am
It feels like a complete journey
Thank you for this <3
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”