Believe in the Slam Jam (Battle Athletes / Space Jam)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Zarxrax
Org Profile

Believe in the Slam Jam (Battle Athletes / Space Jam)

Post by Zarxrax » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:27 pm

I made this video for the AWA pro/peer review contest this year. If you downloaded it as part of the contest, please note that some changes have been made to the video.

I like to make fun videos, and that is what I tried to do here. I definitely had a good time making it!

Megamom
Org Profile

Re: Believe in the Slam Jam (Battle Athletes / Space Jam)

Post by Megamom » Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:58 am

The music, this was a blow to nostalgia for me, honestly the concept is very solid for me, it put a smile on my face all the time, good job!
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

Zeonic Freak
Org Profile

Post by Zeonic Freak » Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:14 pm

I had nothing but nice things to say about this video, its just fun all around!

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:09 am

One of the most fun AMVs I've seen in... a while!

Loved every element of this, such a simple concept but executed flawlessly.

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Post by SilkAMV » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:14 am

I was really into this until the ending. The source was probably limiting you, but it feels like the end should be at the beginning. Right now it feels like you're hyping up another phase of the video and then it doesn't deliver. Other than that, this was wild! Heaps of fun slathered in a delectable sauce of nostalgia. Great work!
Last edited by SilkAMV on Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:38 am

SilkAMV wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:14 am
I was really unto this until the ending. The source was probably limiting you, but it feels like the end should be at the beginning. Right now it feels like you're hyping up another phase of the video and then it doesn't deliver. Other than that, this was wild! Heaps of fun slathered in a delectable sauce of nostalgia. Great work!
Thanks, I get your criticism, and believe me, I really went back and forth on what to do at the end. When it came down to it, I felt that just showing the good guys overcoming adversity and coming out on top would just add length to the video in a way that would be boring. We all know how its going to end, and I couldn't come up with any way to liven it up and make it fun. So I decided to just let the viewer's imagination fill it in.

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:54 am

Agree with Silk on the ending -- I actually don't think this video needed a story at all, the goofy lyric sync and fun editing carries this all on its own -- but it doesn't really take anything away from the video for me, either way. It's just super fun, the editing is really tight, and like I said in the PRO review thread, I can't believe it hasn't been done already. Nice work, this is just pure entertainment!

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”