[VRS] The Last Firstborn [MEP - Multi Editor Project] AMV

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Re: [VRS] The Last Firstborn [MEP - Multi Editor Project] AMV

Post by SQ » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:40 pm

Your audio cut at 0:36 is a bit jarring.
1:05 is better but still kind of abrupt and obvious. A crossfade here might have helped.
1:55 another abrupt cut, feel like a tiny fade could've probably helped this one too.
There were 1-2 other cuts that were sort of noticeable but probably only because I've listened to this song quite a bit lol.

Aside from the small issues with the audio cut, which I think can be fixed without too many problems, this MEP was fucking GREAT. I applaud everyone involved. There was really only one segment that felt like it dragged it a bit but everything else was really high octane. Props to both the editors and the coordinator for making the vision work. Everything was smooth and the flow was fairly consistent. There were different editor styles, but they did not overshadow overall direction of the project. A+

This vid really exceeded the expectations I had going in.

This is a really hard song to edit to (and edit lol) and I super appreciate that you did it.

My only other minor gripe with this vid is that the credits look like they were an afterthought. They don't match up to the quality of the actual MEP, and it's a bit of a disappointment. I'm sure there is something creative you could've done with the credits. Maybe taken a "Breakout" music video approach to it.
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

Ikore
Org Profile

Post by Ikore » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:56 am

I´m really into the opening JJK track and the last ones, specially JoJo´s, it flowed so well.

now I need to go watch for the nostalgia attack

butchered song tho :uhoh:
SING! Never mind the words!!!

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:35 am

This really isn't my favorite type of AMV or MEP but overall I thought this was pretty solid, one of the better entries into this kind of edit, totally indulgent use of visual effects achieved exactly what what they were supposed to, surprisingly enjoyable in ways I didn't anticipate.

Megamom
Org Profile

Post by Megamom » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:18 am

No no no and no 😂
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”