Hylian Shield [The Rising of the Shield Hero AMV]

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Hylian Shield [The Rising of the Shield Hero AMV]

Post by Kireblue » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:50 pm

I finished this AMV in 2019 and literally forgot to upload it...whoops

I originally made this video for MomoCon's 2019 AMV Concert, but I was pretty unsatisfied, so I spent another few months working on it, and even sent it to a few contests, but forgot that I never actually uploaded it. And then 2 years later during an AMV programming block that I was running at Dragon Con, someone asked me if I had any Shield Hero videos, and I was like, oh shit, I do XD

MomoCon 2019 AMV Concert Performance: https://youtu.be/LvVGipauml4?t=5166

Ikore
Org Profile

Re: Hylian Shield [The Rising of the Shield Hero AMV]

Post by Ikore » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:19 pm

It does feel like getting too lenghty at times and missing its climax moments. I hate Isekai and havnt try with this anime, I´m guessing the chocobo ripoff has some significance, but totally took me off. Not a bad amv by any stretch, it just let me with the "getting there" feeling. (hehe amv blueballs)
SING! Never mind the words!!!

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:21 am

Ikore wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:19 pm
It does feel like getting too lenghty at times and missing its climax moments. I hate Isekai and havnt try with this anime, I´m guessing the chocobo ripoff has some significance, but totally took me off. Not a bad amv by any stretch, it just let me with the "getting there" feeling. (hehe amv blueballs)
yeah, I totally agree. The downside with the AMV Concert is that I couldn't cut the song and risk messing up the LIVE performer. So I had to edit the whole 4-minute thing even though the video should only be about 2 1/2. And to make matters worse, the show wasn't even finished airing when I made it :rofl: . Thanks for sitting through the whole thing though :awesome:

Ikore
Org Profile

Post by Ikore » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:21 am

So is it a live IC event? sounds neat.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:23 am

Ikore wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:21 am
No, not quite. The videos were still made in advance. They were just played in the background while the singer performed the song on stage at MomoCon. If you really wanna know how that worked, here's the thread I made for it in 2019 viewtopic.php?f=2&t=130141

Ikore
Org Profile

Post by Ikore » Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:47 pm

Kireblue wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:23 am
Ikore wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:21 am
No, not quite. The videos were still made in advance. They were just played in the background while the singer performed the song on stage at MomoCon. If you really wanna know how that worked, here's the thread I made for it in 2019 viewtopic.php?f=2&t=130141
Hahaha, I actually liked it more with the live performance.
https://youtu.be/LvVGipauml4?t=5205

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”