Say Goodbye - Your Name AMV

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
PsiKro
Org Profile

Say Goodbye - Your Name AMV

Post by PsiKro » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:55 am

Yes it is another Your Name AMV I'm sorry I know there are thousands of these xD

This was sort of a spur of the moment one and i'm hoping to focus more to make something more special and unique soon now that this one is done. I'm sharing it because in general I seem to have received positive feedback so far.

Thanks, hope you enjoy and have a good day

ShadeTheNovice
Org Profile

Re: Say Goodbye - Your Name AMV

Post by ShadeTheNovice » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:42 pm

Extremely cool effects on display here (absolutely love from 1:17 to 1:32), and at moments everything flows well together, but I can't help but feel like sometimes the visuals act disjointedly from the song. The instruments would sometimes explode with energy while the visuals remained calm, or vice versa would happen, or they would slightly mismatch from each other. In particular after the halfway point is when it really seems to misalign for me (1:59 and 2:21 are moments that feel really wrong to me). I also dislike the early ending to the AMV when the Your Name title shows up, feels like that should have been delayed a measure or two after that point to better match with the resolution of the song.

Given that, I still love the visuals on display here, and I would've wished that those visuals better matched the accompanying song, but still an excellent AMV overall.

Megamom
Org Profile

Post by Megamom » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:18 am

It was fine, but, sometimes I feel like it's oversaturated with overlays (1:05 ​​to 1:15) ... the quiet moments were the ones I enjoyed the most, from the second half onwards.
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

PsiKro
Org Profile

Post by PsiKro » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:56 pm

Thanks Shade and Megamom

Shade, you actually hit the nail on the head on all the parts I rushed ... very astute lol. I was playing around with the ending because I had to edit out the last clip for a contest submission and indeed there could have been better execution of the final part.

It is also interesting that Megamom enjoyed the quieter slower moments in the second half while you found it a bit jarring that I slowed down (and missed one of the explosive verses) but I guess thats the beauty of editing, different things appeal to different people. I did intentionally slow it down because I felt as though there would be fatigue from the heavy editing and fast cuts from the first half. I am still trying to improve as an editor by finding the right balance, I do notice that more experienced editors and next-level AMVs do a better job at keeping the perfect consistency between fast, heavily edited cuts and slow moments that I am still trying to perfect.

Super appreciate all the feedback, thanks for watching.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”