Soul Entwined

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
The_McLaughlin
Org Profile

Soul Entwined

Post by The_McLaughlin » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:46 am

Hey look I uploaded something finally in forever. To be honest I started this project back in 2019 as a test to ensure everything was working on a new computer. I was already kind of in an editing slump then, and then add on top of that the subject matter of both the show and this video... and you have video that was a mental grind to work on. However I think the video came out well overall. I technically had it done last year but wanted to submit it to NDK this year, providing that it happened (which it did) and didn't want to release it and then it be dq'd for a freshness rule so I held off on releasing it. Wouldn't have mattered as they extended the freshness date. At any rate enjoy this here amv I made... really really slowly.

seasons
Org Profile

Re: Soul Entwined

Post by seasons » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:37 am

A lot of good individual moments in this, consistent and effective internal and external sync, really solid on a technical level and I appreciate how well the most emotional moments in the song are re-enforced by the scenes you pair them with.

This anime has proven to be a difficult sell for me over the years when it comes to AMVs so unfortunately that did feel like a factor in my viewing experience again but you did everything you could to overcome that and you came awful close to pulling it off.

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:45 am

It's been really cool to see your progress over the years. Each video has shown improvement, and this is your best yet. Really solid editing all around -- the sync and rhythm in this video are just great, you killed the scene selection and emotional punch, everything here is really well-done. Great job, hopefully it won't be another three years before the next one!

vivafruit
Org Profile

Post by vivafruit » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:51 am

I can definitely sympathize here when you talk about how challenging it was to work with this subject matter. When I'm editing a sad work, I seem to feel everything in the video 10x as much as someone watching. It can be hard to keep editing when every time you sit down is a huge emotional lift.

I'm glad you stuck with it in this case. The feelings of the song and show come across very well.

The_McLaughlin
Org Profile

Post by The_McLaughlin » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:10 pm

seasons wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:37 am
A lot of good individual moments in this, consistent and effective internal and external sync, really solid on a technical level and I appreciate how well the most emotional moments in the song are re-enforced by the scenes you pair them with.

This anime has proven to be a difficult sell for me over the years when it comes to AMVs so unfortunately that did feel like a factor in my viewing experience again but you did everything you could to overcome that and you came awful close to pulling it off.
Aw, well that feels good. I'm glad you seemed to enjoy it despite that source.
CrackTheSky wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:45 am
It's been really cool to see your progress over the years. Each video has shown improvement, and this is your best yet. Really solid editing all around -- the sync and rhythm in this video are just great, you killed the scene selection and emotional punch, everything here is really well-done. Great job, hopefully it won't be another three years before the next one!
Thank you that means a lot. I should have a few more videos from NDK this year to upload... I just need to edit their credits... I've been distracted with learning Unity and C# programming for Unity lately so I haven't been editing them like I should. But I do have 2 more that are done I just need to wrap them up which I could do in a day honestly... maybe I'll try to get them up this weekend... we'll see.
Then I also had another video I wanted to try and do for NDK, but I just didn't have the time after editing one video the week prior (because I really liked the animation in The World Ends With You/The World Ends With You the Animation and ended up having a hankering to just make a video with it and then edited it)
vivafruit wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:51 am
I can definitely sympathize here when you talk about how challenging it was to work with this subject matter. When I'm editing a sad work, I seem to feel everything in the video 10x as much as someone watching. It can be hard to keep editing when every time you sit down is a huge emotional lift.

I'm glad you stuck with it in this case. The feelings of the song and show come across very well.
Yeah. I really liked the concept idea it just made me feel down so I'd start editing it and then just lose interest. It went a lot faster once I had it mostly edited and was just working in AE with the transitions where I wasn't listening to the song with the visuals really until I had the segment done and then it was just to kind of re align it in premiere and delete out the old clips. (My AE doesn't work properly with premiere... it screws up whenever I try to just send it to AE... so I export out and reimport like someone who uses AE with another editor). It straight up though was just the bluray that I had in the living room after I got the pc set up so I used it and the song just kind of clicked and I decided to flesh it out more and finish it up. But I'm glad you liked it and what I was trying to portray came across well.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”