You Will (not) Regret - Evangelion 3.0+1.0 AMV

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
PsiKro
Org Profile

You Will (not) Regret - Evangelion 3.0+1.0 AMV

Post by PsiKro » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:26 pm

Animes: Evangelion 3.0+1.0 Thrice Upon A Time, Evangelion - 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo, Evangelion - 2.22 You Can (Not) Advance
Song: Daughtry - Battleships
Editing Software: Da Vinci Resolve
Category: Drama, Action

Hi everyone. I don't have much to say about this one other than that its a tribute / recap of the Evangelion movies. Hope you enjoy it and thanks for watching.

seasons
Org Profile

Re: You Will (not) Regret - Evangelion 3.0+1.0 AMV

Post by seasons » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:18 pm

Not a fan of this song but I still enjoyed this video in spite of that and I know that sounds like a worthless sort of comment but I think it says a lot about how engaging this video actually is.

I always thought your style was really interesting from the very beginning of when you first started sharing AMVs here and it's interesting how you've made adjustments to it and continued to apply it on a bigger and bigger scale like you do here. There are times when it seems a little too busy or a little too random but then an unexpected cut or an interesting juxtaposition between shots will suddenly change my mind.

Keep doing your thing.

PsiKro
Org Profile

Re: You Will (not) Regret - Evangelion 3.0+1.0 AMV

Post by PsiKro » Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:18 pm

Seasons, thanks so much. I get that feedback alot and im tryng to work on a few new AMVs that feel less random, hopefully without changing my style too much. I think my problem is that i literally just pick scenes that match the mood or energy of the moment in the song, often times even when there is no clear link to how a scene may connect to previous scenes, and i get into this trap a lot cuz i just have so much fun doing it .. xD

I do want to produce something that has more of a theme or more of a plan eventually, if I can get myself to rough it out and convince myself it will all be worth it in the end even though there is more planning involved in the beginning.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”