Flyover - Redline AMV

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
CMDR John Crichton
Org Profile

Flyover - Redline AMV

Post by CMDR John Crichton » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:53 am

This was my entry to the amv contest at Anime Iowa 2021, where it won Best Action.

This amv is based on the xbox 360 game Burnout Revenge. I recreated the entire interface used in the game from scratch and edited it to follow the events of the amv, which is to say whenever the main character crashes or scores a Takedown, the overlay responds accordingly. The recreated interface is also faithful to the original game, so anything that happens in the amv is consistent with what actually happens in general gameplay.

I'd been wanting to make a Burnout Revenge themed amv for years but could never figure out how to add things like the speedometer, because most of the overlay elements show gameplay behind them. I ended up using masking in Vegas Pro 13 to cut out every part and recreate it frame by frame.

The entire Burnout game interface took over 200 video tracks for this reason. The Redline amv clips took only two. Just two.

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Re: Flyover - Redline AMV

Post by Mol » Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:28 am

Hey, our site requires creator of video to catalog video first. So please do that as soon otherwise it will be automatically in 2 weeks removed. If you don't know how, here is the FAQ post about it viewtopic.php?p=1546652#p1546652 .While they might be removed on youtube, here those will be welcome!

Until then, I'm going to move your thread to the “Awaiting Catalog Entry” forum.
Still better than that MMO.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:02 pm

This is one of those AMVs where there's simply way too much going on at once for the viewer to really take in and appreciate, and sometimes that can be a point of criticism but in this case it's a big part of the whole appeal and why the video works so well. I have never played this video game but it was very easy to understand the various elements of the interface that you layered over the anime footage and how it related to what was happening the scenes you used. I liked this quite a bit!

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Post by SilkAMV » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:37 pm

The nostalgia of this video, holy crap. Burnout Revenge was one the games I played the most on my 360. As for the video, it kind of lost track of itself half-way through. It would have worked better as a pure racing video instead of occasionally branching out into other parts of the movie. As it is now, it feels rather padded, and could have stood to be shorter. That said, it's a solid concept with great execution, and I absolutely adored the faithful recreation of the Burnout overlay.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”