All that makes us human continues

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
vivafruit
Org Profile

All that makes us human continues

Post by vivafruit » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:48 pm

This one took about two weeks to make. It's somehow even more pretentious than my last one.

I was relistening to the amazing album "This Binary Universe" by BT and it hit me that "All that Makes Us Human Continues" was an eerily accurate depiction of a technological singularity. It was a natural AMV idea. I was very worried about syncing to a monotonous ambient song and not boring people to death, so midway through I decided to snip 40 seconds from the second half of the song - still not sure about whether I should have just full committed to editing the whole thing.

I guess one funny anecdote to mention is that my video file of Karas had some rendering issues in Sony Vegas, giving it some weirdly colored pixels. But because I was making a "glitch AMV" I didn't bother fixing it. :ying:

Anyway, I hope the amv fills you with the same mix of complacency, terror and resignation that I feel when I watch our world change faster than it has ever changed before.

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Re: All that makes us human continues

Post by Mol » Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:32 am

I think you freaking ascended while making this lol?. I seriously like how you set up this vid, well builded sync and cool vibes. Tho some scenes feel a bit weird but i guess i doesn't break the charm instead it keeps it interesting (7 minutes so yeah). So like recommend me your dealer or something :dino:
Still better than that MMO.

Katranat
Org Profile

Post by Katranat » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:59 am

vivafruit wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:48 pm

I guess one funny anecdote to mention is that my video file of Karas had some rendering issues in Sony Vegas, giving it some weirdly colored pixels. But because I was making a "glitch AMV" I didn't bother fixing it. :ying:
Oh wow, I totally thought that was intentional. It works so well lol!

I will give you proper thoughts a bit later once I've watched this a few times :)

vivafruit
Org Profile

Post by vivafruit » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:33 pm

Mol wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:32 am
I think you freaking ascended while making this lol?. I seriously like how you set up this vid, well builded sync and cool vibes. Tho some scenes feel a bit weird but i guess i doesn't break the charm instead it keeps it interesting (7 minutes so yeah). So like recommend me your dealer or something :dino:
LOL. Dunno if I’m ever going to get higher praise than that. Glad you liked it!

SynaesthesiaVideos
Org Profile

Post by SynaesthesiaVideos » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:11 pm

I want you to know that I was crying by the end of your video. (thats a good thing)

This was absolutely amazing to experience, and I think you were able to get your message/theme across very succinctly! I definitely felt that "technology singularity" vibe you were going for, and I think your choice in scene selection really helped that. I really love how you bookended the video with mirrored scenes, it really nailed down the storytelling :D

I don't know what else to say but I just adored this vid (❁´◡`❁)

vivafruit
Org Profile

Post by vivafruit » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:32 am

SynaesthesiaVideos wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:11 pm
I want you to know that I was crying by the end of your video. (thats a good thing)

This was absolutely amazing to experience, and I think you were able to get your message/theme across very succinctly! I definitely felt that "technology singularity" vibe you were going for, and I think your choice in scene selection really helped that. I really love how you bookended the video with mirrored scenes, it really nailed down the storytelling :D

I don't know what else to say but I just adored this vid (❁´◡`❁)
Amazing to hear. I was not expecting to get tears out of this one so that's a pleasant surprise. Glad the themes came across well, and that you vibed with it.

extraterrestrial elephant
Org Profile

Post by extraterrestrial elephant » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:07 am

This is flat out perfect. 10/10.

The pacing was perfect and the variety kept me interested all the way. It felt thoughtful throughout and never felt random. You chose perfect scenes for when the music was ramping up or slowing down so it never felt like a part of the AMV was dragging or rushing. It really helped in making the 7 minutes pass. Also very seamlessly patched up multiple anime without having any one of their identities feel too distinct. Even though I recognized some of the Evangelion scenes and the Metropolis one, it never felt like the story of Evangelion or Metropolis was being generally brought up by a scene and thus never overpowered the overall message and story you were trying to patch together. Also really like the way it goes with music, the scene in 5:04 was nice and lots more throughout. The whole thing sort of feels like a very nice technology Sakuga of sorts, really good.

Megamom
Org Profile

Post by Megamom » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:36 am

A very esoteric AMV, man and machine, the idea is clear, we are the dream of a machine!
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

vivafruit
Org Profile

Post by vivafruit » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:10 am

extraterrestrial elephant wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:07 am
This is flat out perfect. 10/10.
Wow, thanks for the high praise. I did not expect a lot of interest in this one, so it's great to hear some people really enjoyed it.
Megamom wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:36 am
A very esoteric AMV, man and machine, the idea is clear, we are the dream of a machine!
<3

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:06 am

Time passes quickly while watching this, it does not feel like a seven and a half minute AMV. Really good job matching the clips to the mood of this track as it slowly builds and changes shape. The segment from 4:00-ish to 5:00 or so was really good, in particular. I'd actually recommend going into this without reading any description beforehand, but I realize that's impossible and you've gotta give viewers something in advance before they give up any of their time or attention.

I don't hear any audio edits to this so you definitely made that un-noticeable.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”