t r a n s p a r e n t SOUL a Trigger Happy AMV

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
UnluckyArtist
Partially-Formed Transformah
Org Profile

t r a n s p a r e n t SOUL a Trigger Happy AMV

Post by UnluckyArtist » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:04 pm

This song had just released a few months ago and it kind of gave me the impression of anime opening music so I made the intro to my video look like the opening to an anime, complete with Japanese credits.
I don't think of myself as an ACTION editor so for this to make finals at Otakon in the action category was really something.
And I wanted to put out something new and refreshing, like a new summer edition flavour of mountain dew, or skittles... anyways enjoy this

vivafruit
Org Profile

Re: t r a n s p a r e n t SOUL a Trigger Happy AMV

Post by vivafruit » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:02 pm

Enjoyed this! It’s a great song pick that gave you a lot of fun syncing opportunities. My favorite part is right at the first refrain at 0:47. Some really pretty scenes that fit perfectly and that you blend together seamlessly.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:20 pm

This is like my favorite thing from you in a really long time.

extraterrestrial elephant
Org Profile

Post by extraterrestrial elephant » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:24 am

I heard this song some time ago from a spotify playlist. Pretty cool that you interpreted or imagined it like an anime opening.

Beginning really set the tone for it and worked well as credits of the anime and to get across the whole anime opening thing. The choice of scenes for the chorus is really good especially the characters going side to side and the 3 dimensionality of it all. The transitions connected the different anime well and helped making the style for something like Kiznaiver not feel too jarring as it might normally. Also I can tell that the second verse was probably somewhat difficult to do as a lot of times for me too, the second verse can feel like filler to get back into the chorus. You did well in making sure the tempo was good and setting up enough with some of the lyrics to get into the chorus. And also really creative match cuts like in 1:40-1:45 and throughout that made the whole thing create the effect of looking easy and natural even if actually doing it wasn't.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”