Violet Evergarden - Trauma

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Violet Evergarden - Trauma

Post by SQ » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:02 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwqTTkzjheU

I normally don't announce my videos here, but I really liked this one.

Critique appreciated.

edited to add some humor:
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Re: Violet Evergarden - Trauma

Post by CrackTheSky » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:59 am

Killer editing on display here. I love the measured use of match cuts throughout, and in general you show a really solid understanding of visual rhythm and scene selection that registers on an intuitive level. Just a very satisfying video all-around, very well done :up:

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:14 am

If an amv would make another amv, this is how it would look like probably
Still better than that MMO.

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:43 am

CrackTheSky wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:59 am
Killer editing on display here. I love the measured use of match cuts throughout, and in general you show a really solid understanding of visual rhythm and scene selection that registers on an intuitive level. Just a very satisfying video all-around, very well done :up:
Thank you so much!
Mol wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:14 am
If an amv would make another amv, this is how it would look like probably
I don't think I understand what you mean.
Could you explain? :sweat:
StandardQuip

vivafruit
Org Profile

Post by vivafruit » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:33 am

Watched this a few times now and really love it. The last refrain hits me really hard. The match cuts are also hype and something I'm gonna try to replicate in my own stuff.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:31 pm

I feel like this video accomplishes more in 30 seconds than most Violet Evergarden AMVs do in their entire runtime.

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:39 pm

vivafruit wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:33 am
Watched this a few times now and really love it. The last refrain hits me really hard. The match cuts are also hype and something I'm gonna try to replicate in my own stuff.
Thank you. Yeah I love match cuts!! I was so hyped I finally had a song and story I could use a ton of them for. Also glad you liked the last part. I had to let this video sit incomplete for a long time while I waited for the 2020 movie to become available. Worth the wait, because I don't think this would be as good without that footage.
seasons wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:31 pm
I feel like this video accomplishes more in 30 seconds than most Violet Evergarden AMVs do in their entire runtime.
I will cherish this comment forever. Thank you lol.

Especially since my vid starts using the same bed scenes 90% of vids seem to use haha.

But on a serious note, I probably spent more time on the first 30 seconds than the rest of the vid. I really needed those scenes to be right to set the tone. The alcoholic montage was especially important to me, and especially difficult to find scenes for.
StandardQuip

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”