KDA - Witches Go Hard [Otakon 2021 Action Winner]

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
SilkAMV
Org Profile

KDA - Witches Go Hard [Otakon 2021 Action Winner]

Post by SilkAMV » Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:36 pm

Edit: Added a youtube link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riX-mLQPesU

Sorry Lotte and Sucy. These are the real best Witches.

I had been keeping my eye out for a song to use with this show, and when the K/DA -Pop/Stars music video came out, I knew it was the one. Starting in 2017 I worked on this video for 3 years and 8 months. It took so long because I was also writing a book and working full time. Had I worked on this video exclusively, it would only have taken about a year, maybe less.
Last edited by SilkAMV on Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.

vivafruit
Org Profile

Re: KDA - Witches Go Hard

Post by vivafruit » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:00 pm

Really phenomenal flow and great song+anime pairing. I loved it!

SynaesthesiaVideos
Org Profile

Post by SynaesthesiaVideos » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:12 pm

:ying: this is supremely good and fun

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:48 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed this despite knowing nothing of the anime. Fun all the way through!

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Post by SilkAMV » Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:13 pm

Zarxrax wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:48 pm
I thoroughly enjoyed this despite knowing nothing of the anime. Fun all the way through!
You should check it out. It's my favorite Trigger show by far.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:56 pm

This is the AMV I just saw this weekend and noted mentally, "I need to see if I can work this into the next Dance Under the AMVs at AnimeNEXT."

And considering this was in the middle of a binge of about 5 hours of AMVs, that's saying something.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Post by SilkAMV » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:02 pm

Scintilla wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:56 pm
This is the AMV I just saw this weekend and noted mentally, "I need to see if I can work this into the next Dance Under the AMVs at AnimeNEXT."

And considering this was in the middle of a binge of about 5 hours of AMVs, that's saying something.
Much appreciated, thank you. I'm guessing you were watching the Anime Messe stream too? I just got an e-mail today telling me my video won the contest, which is odd because I could have sworn that Fruits Basket AMV right after mine got more audience votes. I guess they took some off-screen judging into account too.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:48 am

Silk_SK wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:02 pm
Scintilla wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:56 pm

Much appreciated, thank you. I'm guessing you were watching the Anime Messe stream too?
Otakon prescreening, actually. And before anyone asks, we don't know yet who made finals.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Post by SilkAMV » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:17 am

Thanks for the feedback guys. One question though. Do you guys consider this an Action or an Upbeat video? It technically contains a bunch of action, but I think the song is more of an Upbeat type. BlerDcon moved my video to the Upbeat category, and now I'm having second thoughts about submitting it to other contests as an Action video.

SynaesthesiaVideos
Org Profile

Post by SynaesthesiaVideos » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:50 am

SilkAMV wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:17 am
Thanks for the feedback guys. One question though. Do you guys consider this an Action or an Upbeat video? It technically contains a bunch of action, but I think the song is more of an Upbeat type. BlerDcon moved my video to the Upbeat category, and now I'm having second thoughts about submitting it to other contests as an Action video.
I could see it as either. Some contests will categorize videos as they seem fit.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”