KDA - Witches Go Hard [Otakon 2021 Action Winner]

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Re: KDA - Witches Go Hard

Post by CrackTheSky » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:08 pm

I liked this quite a bit. Very good flow and some silky smooth masked transitions (which I normally don't care for) tied it all together really nicely. The only thing that I didn't really like was the middle portion with the swordfight -- despite being very well-edited, it felt like it dragged too much. Upbeat/action videos like this thrive on constant movement and change, and the fact that the color palette and scene content didn't change for like 25 seconds (even though there was a lot of actual movement within those scenes) made this whole portion of the video feel way too static compared to the rest.

Even so, this was a thoroughly entertaining video and I enjoyed it quite a bit in spite of my hangups. Great work!

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Post by SilkAMV » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:00 pm

CrackTheSky wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:08 pm
silky smooth masked transitions
CrackTheSky wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:08 pm
The only thing that I didn't really like was the middle portion with the swordfight -- despite being very well-edited, it felt like it dragged too much. Upbeat/action videos like this thrive on constant movement and change, and the fact that the color palette and scene content didn't change for like 25 seconds (even though there was a lot of actual movement within those scenes) made this whole portion of the video feel way too static compared to the rest.
Yeah, I figured that would be an issue from the very beginning. That section was actually the very first part of the video I put together, because as soon as I got the idea to make it, I knew that scene and that portion of the song synergized far too well for me to do anything else with it. Imagine, if you will, Amanda holding her sword to my throat, pointing at that section of the song and saying "Mine" and me nodding, terrified. I didn't really have much of a choice, even though it's almost like a separate AMV unto itself within the video. That part of the song stands out from the rest, so I had to do something different with it. I can certainly see how people might not like that, and I don't dispute them. It just had to be that way.

I'm very glad you enjoyed the video despite that, though. Thanks for the feedback!

Megamom
Org Profile

Post by Megamom » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:06 am

I love Little Wich Academia, I love your AMV damn it!! 😎👌
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:59 pm

Terrific stuff. I have no idea what category this "should" be in.

Loved the compositing, it worked great. I had a fun time!

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Post by SilkAMV » Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:54 am

seasons wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:59 pm
Terrific stuff. I have no idea what category this "should" be in.
It turned out to be a moot point at Otakon since they removed the Upbeat category this year. All that worrying for nothing I guess. :sweat:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”