Mega Man Megamix - "Remember Everything" MUSIC VIDEO

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
TheKunske
Org Profile

Mega Man Megamix - "Remember Everything" MUSIC VIDEO

Post by TheKunske » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:23 pm

Hi! I always liked this kind of manga edit, so I wanted to give it a try! The story is basically about Copy Robot, a copy of the original Mega Man, who thinks it's the real one, having even the same memories of the original.

I would really appreciate your feedback! :)

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Re: Mega Man Megamix - "Remember Everything" MUSIC VIDEO

Post by Zarxrax » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:25 pm

This is a cool video, I liked it a lot. The use of color and animation effects was impressive.
If I had to critique anything, I would say that I found the text to be somewhat problematic. There are just so many shots full of text and speech bubbles. When I see text, I want to read it. But you can't read it, because most of it goes away too fast. A lot of it seems like I'm probably not meant to look at it anyways. But then, you start mixing intentional text in there alongside it, and I don't know what I'm supposed to be reading anymore. That made it hard to follow.

But as a video overall, I enjoyed it.

TheKunske
Org Profile

Post by TheKunske » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:05 pm

Zarxrax wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:25 pm
This is a cool video, I liked it a lot. The use of color and animation effects was impressive.
If I had to critique anything, I would say that I found the text to be somewhat problematic. There are just so many shots full of text and speech bubbles. When I see text, I want to read it. But you can't read it, because most of it goes away too fast. A lot of it seems like I'm probably not meant to look at it anyways. But then, you start mixing intentional text in there alongside it, and I don't know what I'm supposed to be reading anymore. That made it hard to follow.

Thank you! :D
And you have a good point! I didn't thought about it because I already had in mind all the intentional text I would put, so I never got confused with it, haha

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:08 pm

Zarxrax wrote:

This is pretty much the post I came in here to make.

This is a really ambitious and cool MMV, I just think it's seriously inviting the viewer to follow a text-driven narrative but then giving them far too much too quickly to keep up with in order to do so. I don't know how to "fix" this without slowing the video down considerably or cutting out a lot of what you put into this.

10/10 for originality though.

TheKunske
Org Profile

Post by TheKunske » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:32 pm

seasons wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:08 pm
Zarxrax wrote:

This is pretty much the post I came in here to make.

This is a really ambitious and cool MMV, I just think it's seriously inviting the viewer to follow a text-driven narrative but then giving them far too much too quickly to keep up with in order to do so. I don't know how to "fix" this without slowing the video down considerably or cutting out a lot of what you put into this.

10/10 for originality though.
Awesome! Thanks a lot! Nice to see you commenting on another video I made. XD

And it's interesting that you had a consensus here! 8-)

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”