Running Up That Hill - Please Save My Earth AMV

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Katranat
Org Profile

Running Up That Hill - Please Save My Earth AMV

Post by Katranat » Mon May 31, 2021 4:23 pm

I was internally conflicted about trying to make this for a long time. I felt like editing with PSME again so I decided to give it a go.

This is a tribute to one of the very first PSME AMV's I ever saw, with the same song combo. I will probably never get to watch it again as I could only ever find it on YouTube and it disappeared many years ago.

This is not an attempt to recreate that video (even if I wanted to I probably couldn't as my memory of it is very hazy, though I suspect I will have subconsciously made some parts similar), rather this is me trying to capture how it made me feel.

If anyone out there has any information about the original video, or knows who made it, I would love to hear from you!

vivafruit
Org Profile

Re: Running Up That Hill - Please Save My Earth AMV

Post by vivafruit » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:23 am

Nice amv - made me pretty nostalgic while at the same time making me wonder what the heck PSME was even about. I watched the OVA and read the manga ages ago, and couldn’t remember anything other than that I loved it. Looking up the plot, it was about
Spoiler :
reliving forgotten memories, which I thought was pretty fitting, given my struggle to remember the plot and your quest to recapture the memory of a very old amv.
I’m glad to see PSME getting some love today. Just like me, the anime fandom seems to have mostly forgotten about it.

Actual amv captured the mood of the song well. I liked the electric zap sync to one of the sound effects, although was a little sad that nothing was synced after the first one. Will probably rewatch at some point to see if you left any lyric sync. Overall, nice job! It left me in a contemplative mood.

Katranat
Org Profile

Post by Katranat » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:30 am

vivafruit wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:23 am
Nice amv - made me pretty nostalgic while at the same time making me wonder what the heck PSME was even about. I watched the OVA and read the manga ages ago, and couldn’t remember anything other than that I loved it. Looking up the plot, it was about
Spoiler :
reliving forgotten memories, which I thought was pretty fitting, given my struggle to remember the plot and your quest to recapture the memory of a very old amv.
I’m glad to see PSME getting some love today. Just like me, the anime fandom seems to have mostly forgotten about it.
Honestly even though you forgot what it was about I'm impressed you've previously watched/read PSME. I know the manga was fairly popular back in the 80's but the OVA never really gained much of a following. I think I'm one of only a handful of people still making fan content for it lol :P
Actual amv captured the mood of the song well. I liked the electric zap sync to one of the sound effects, although was a little sad that nothing was synced after the first one. Will probably rewatch at some point to see if you left any lyric sync. Overall, nice job! It left me in a contemplative mood.
If it's the electric zap I think you mean at 3.04, that was completely serendipitous. The only deliberate sync I did in this was mostly to the piano or the singing. Also, yeah a lot of lyric sync, some of which probably doesn't come across well if you're not familiar with the story.

Thanks so much for your comments!

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:26 pm

Anime from this time period looks absolutely beautiful to me and you always bring out the best in it. I appreciated the pacing of this and how scenes were allowed to play out just a little bit longer and just "breathe" a little bit more freely than most editors feel comfortable editing these days. I enjoyed your previous AMV made with this anime quite a bit and I got a similar experience out of watching this one. I hope that doesn't come across wrong, they're both distinct and convey a different emotional tone.

Love the atmosphere in this.

Katranat
Org Profile

Post by Katranat » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:33 pm

seasons wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:26 pm
Anime from this time period looks absolutely beautiful to me and you always bring out the best in it. I appreciated the pacing of this and how scenes were allowed to play out just a little bit longer and just "breathe" a little bit more freely than most editors feel comfortable editing these days. I enjoyed your previous AMV made with this anime quite a bit and I got a similar experience out of watching this one. I hope that doesn't come across wrong, they're both distinct and convey a different emotional tone.

Love the atmosphere in this.
Thank you very much for the lovely comments :)

Yeah, that does make sense, I must admit I feel similar when watching these videos myself!

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”