Drive

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Drive

Post by ngsilver » Sat May 15, 2021 11:41 am

is a video I originally started as my entry to 2015's Anime Weekend Atlanta Professional contest. I was starved for an idea and wanting to submit SOMETHING the night of the deadline and I came up with this on my way home from work. So a 4 hour editing stint later the initial version of this video was complete and off to be judged rather harshly by everyone as per normal. While watching the entries on my new 4K TV I had forgotten I had frame interpolation on for the source I was using and I really liked how it made the video look. It was at that point I decided that the final version HAD to be a 4K version and needed to be 60fps for that smoothness. After working on that for a bit I didn't like the way the interpolation scripts were working so I kinda mothballed the video.

Jump ahead to this year I obtained a copy of The Wings of Honneamise in 4K and I knew I needed to dust the cobwebs off this project and actually finish it. I found much more clean interpolation scripts and having a newer PC meant faster editing. So after much more tuning, re-ordering of clips, and replacing certain scenes here we have the final version.

I hope you will enjoy this look into what drives us all to push on and achieve what we set our minds to.

Also, for the full 'directors vision' effect I recommend watching the 4k60 version on Youtube.

ImageImageImageImage

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Re: Drive

Post by Zarxrax » Sun May 16, 2021 1:33 pm

I don't really enjoy slow-paced videos like this, but I was mesmerized by the animation quality. I definitely didn't remember the movie looking that good. Some of the interpolation turned out pretty nice too.

Megamom
Org Profile

Post by Megamom » Wed May 26, 2021 10:53 am

OK I will have to watch this anime.

I really liked the atmosphere of this, my favorite part is when the rocket launches, or rather takes off. Great job master!! 😎
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:11 pm

I appreciated the relatively slow pace of this and how you allowed the visuals to breathe without too much rapid-fire cutting, it all felt pretty natural given how the music really takes its time to build. I know this was six minutes long but I've watched plenty of four minute-long AMVs that felt much longer than this, if that makes any sense.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”