StoneGyver NCOP - MacGyver opening parody with Dr. Stone

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Milan21
Org Profile

StoneGyver NCOP - MacGyver opening parody with Dr. Stone

Post by Milan21 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:03 pm

When I watched the very first episodes of Dr. Stone I had some nostalgic feelings - it has good few pieces of MacGyver's universe.

I was very happy about that especially because it's an anime with this kind of setting.
Then I asked myself: What if MacGyver has a time traveller spin off?
In that case I think Dr. Stone could be a pretty good alternative story.

On 2020's NatsuCon AMV Contest in Hungary we got a special challenge: Make an opening for your favorite anime show/film.
So I brought this earlier idea of mine to the surface.
Then here we are, It's finished!

Used lots of effects to achieve some kind of 80's cartoon/anime look.
My reference in this case was the french made 'Les mondes engloutis' also known as Spartakus and the Sun Beneath the Sea.
This cartoon and Dr. Stone has not much similarity (except they are both animation), but the important thing is: MacGyver and the french animated series was also shot on film for TV in the 80's.
The main connection is the analog look because of the film-, and broadcasting anomalies of those times caused by technology limitation.

So, that was my thought process in terms of effects.

seasons
Org Profile

Re: StoneGyver NCOP - MacGyver opening parody with Dr. Stone

Post by seasons » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:00 pm

I have not watched this anime but basically know what it's about (I think?). This is kind of a funny concept in theory but I wasn't sure how well it would really work.

Actually, this AMV was fun and flowed at an upbeat and attention-grabbing pace. I liked the effects to make the footage look older, this was done in a much more subtle way than I've ever seen any editor do.

Nice work!

Milan21
Org Profile

Re: StoneGyver NCOP - MacGyver opening parody with Dr. Stone

Post by Milan21 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:39 am

seasons wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:00 pm
This is kind of a funny concept in theory but I wasn't sure how well it would really work.
Probaly it wouldn't be the same, as we seen in the original series.
Dr. Stone is good in it's onwn way, that's why I like it.
seasons wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:00 pm
Actually, this AMV was fun and flowed at an upbeat and attention-grabbing pace. I liked the effects to make the footage look older, this was done in a much more subtle way than I've ever seen any editor do.

Nice work!
I'm just getting to know the node-based workflow in DaVinci, but I always try to get the best out of it.

Thanks!

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”