Sulk

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Hiagoka
Org Profile

Sulk

Post by Hiagoka » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:06 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcTEKgVboPY

Unnecessary outbursts of anger kill the loving person in you. There are difficult moments in life, but we have to be strong. As someone once said, it's so easy to love and hate, but it takes a lot of effort to be gentle and kind.

seasons
Org Profile

Re: Sulk

Post by seasons » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:52 pm

I loved the simplicity of this and how it felt like a callback to mid-2000s AMVs where editors paid much more attention to lyrics and specifics of characters and plot than they do today.

There were a few moments where I felt like the lyric sync was just a little too literal or on the nose, but during each of these instances it's obvious why you chose the clips that you did, as they do reflect the theme and mood of the song pretty well.

Really nice sync in a couple of key moments (0:51-0:54. 2:01, the instrumental bridge at 2:32-3:02).

I didn't notice it on the first viewing but I love how you used the one scene to bookend the beginning and ending of this AMV. I got a better appreciation of things you were doing (or thankfully not doing) on further viewing, which is both great but also kind of sucks because I know how hard it is to get anyone to attentively watch an AMV more than once, let alone even a single time.

Hiagoka
Org Profile

Post by Hiagoka » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:13 am

seasons wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:52 pm
I loved the simplicity of this and how it felt like a callback to mid-2000s AMVs where editors paid much more attention to lyrics and specifics of characters and plot than they do today.

There were a few moments where I felt like the lyric sync was just a little too literal or on the nose, but during each of these instances it's obvious why you chose the clips that you did, as they do reflect the theme and mood of the song pretty well.

Really nice sync in a couple of key moments (0:51-0:54. 2:01, the instrumental bridge at 2:32-3:02).

I didn't notice it on the first viewing but I love how you used the one scene to bookend the beginning and ending of this AMV. I got a better appreciation of things you were doing (or thankfully not doing) on further viewing, which is both great but also kind of sucks because I know how hard it is to get anyone to attentively watch an AMV more than once, let alone even a single time.
Thank you for paying attentions to the details. I myself think that more subjective AMVs are better than ones that are literal. I'll avoid these kind of scenes selection in the future

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:56 am

I would not say to avoid them completely. Follow your instincts!

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”