Which Light Switch Is Which - Final Fantasy AMV/GMV

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
culchan
Org Profile

Which Light Switch Is Which - Final Fantasy AMV/GMV

Post by culchan » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:43 pm

Trying this again. I had it sitting around 96% complete for a few years, just using it to pace myself during cardio. I finally got over my laziness and finished it up. I'm moderately happy with it. I like the gesture & body language sync, and some of the lip sync.

Katranat
Org Profile

Re: Which Light Switch Is Which - Final Fantasy AMV/GMV

Post by Katranat » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:06 pm

I really enjoy this. GMV's don't often do much for me, but this hits a log of nostalgia points. I'm probably heavily biased because you've used Scooter, also a Scooter song I hadn't heard yet (obviously I need to brush up on this).

I imagine lip syncing with video game footage would be lot harder than with anime as they have very deliberate mouth movements, I feel you did a pretty good job with this considering. I like that you put emphasis more on the movements the characters were making. You also matched the energy of the song well with the clips, there's only one point where I feel the clip you used didn't quite match - this is at 2:00 where the girl does the finger gun, all the other clips at that point have a lot happening in them so this one feels a bit out place, it's cute though.
Probably my favourite section is 2:26 - 244. I love the way you've synced to both the lyrics and the movements here.
I also like the brick throwing clip, that part is quite effective.
Something I did find a bit odd was the change in aspect ratio for the Final Fantasy clips, but I assume since you used footage from trailers that would probably explain this.

Overall this is a fun video with some lovely sync, thank you for sharing!

culchan
Org Profile

Re: Which Light Switch Is Which - Final Fantasy AMV/GMV

Post by culchan » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:19 pm

Katranat wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:06 pm
I really enjoy this. GMV's don't often do much for me, but this hits a log of nostalgia points. I'm probably heavily biased because you've used Scooter, also a Scooter song I hadn't heard yet (obviously I need to brush up on this).

I imagine lip syncing with video game footage would be lot harder than with anime as they have very deliberate mouth movements, I feel you did a pretty good job with this considering. I like that you put emphasis more on the movements the characters were making. You also matched the energy of the song well with the clips, there's only one point where I feel the clip you used didn't quite match - this is at 2:00 where the girl does the finger gun, all the other clips at that point have a lot happening in them so this one feels a bit out place, it's cute though.
Probably my favourite section is 2:26 - 244. I love the way you've synced to both the lyrics and the movements here.
I also like the brick throwing clip, that part is quite effective.
Something I did find a bit odd was the change in aspect ratio for the Final Fantasy clips, but I assume since you used footage from trailers that would probably explain this.

Overall this is a fun video with some lovely sync, thank you for sharing!
Thanks so much for the feedback. I really appreciate you taking the time!

You know, I hadn't even noticed the aspect ratio change until you mentioned it. Now I can't not see it lol! I didn't think about the aspect ratio when I collected the clips, so I never checked to see if there were other versions of the same clips (with uniform ratios) that I could have used. I could have also tried cropping some clips to make them all consistent, and see if I liked the result better. I'm really glad pointed it out, since it will be helpful if my editing is to improve.

And, of course thanks also for the praise!! Almost all of the AMVs I like are upbeat dance or pop tracks. The 2 elements that are always in my favorites are beat matching and hitting the drops, so that's what I try hardest to do as well.

Cheers!

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”