"Holding On" - Anohana [RICE 2021 finalist]

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
SynaesthesiaVideos
Org Profile

"Holding On" - Anohana [RICE 2021 finalist]

Post by SynaesthesiaVideos » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:03 am

This is my first video made specifically for a contest. Participating in the AMV Sashimi RICE contest was such a great time and I'm honored to be able to compete with so many amazing editors!

I decided to use only the first and last eps of the show (plus the OP/EDs) as a little challenge, but I think it really helped to focus on the emotions of the series.

Megamom
Org Profile

Re: "Holding On" - Anohana [RICE 2021 finalist]

Post by Megamom » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:51 pm

Great atmosphere and mood, I felt emotion and sadness at the same time. I like how you edit, you have style and you know how to handle music. Although, some cuts were very long (when the music was fast) but, it is not a big problem really, great AMV, I will share it 😎
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

SynaesthesiaVideos
Org Profile

Post by SynaesthesiaVideos » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:16 am

Megamom wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:51 pm
Great atmosphere and mood, I felt emotion and sadness at the same time. I like how you edit, you have style and you know how to handle music. Although, some cuts were very long (when the music was fast) but, it is not a big problem really, great AMV, I will share it 😎
yeah I wanted to keep the sentimental mood so I tried to pace it a little slower during the verses. But I'm happy it could give you the feels :D

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:50 pm

Cool effects, nice sync, a lot of neat little moments in this that wring every little bit of emotion out of the sources. I love how upbeat this felt in spite of what it's actually about.

abelllll
Org Profile

Post by abelllll » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:30 pm

Congratulations! I loved it

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”