What We See - Bloom Into You

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
SynaesthesiaVideos
Org Profile

What We See - Bloom Into You

Post by SynaesthesiaVideos » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:04 pm

This is the 2nd romance vid I made this month, and frankly I'm sick of them. I've never really been a "romantic" type but I wanted to try to see if I could make something in that genre, but make it gay. Apparently all I know is to include a bunch of scenes with gazing longingly and sparkly overlays :shrug:

vivafruit
Org Profile

Re: What We See - Bloom Into You

Post by vivafruit » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:20 pm

SynaesthesiaVideos wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:04 pm
This is the 2nd romance vid I made this month, and frankly I'm sick of them. I've never really been a "romantic" type but I wanted to try to see if I could make something in that genre, but make it gay. Apparently all I know is to include a bunch of scenes with gazing longingly and sparkly overlays :shrug:
I read this and knew it would be good, lol. I think when someone is sick of making one of their amvs, it sort of shows they kept grinding until it was super polished. The effects look fantastic. I do kind of agree with your criticism that there isn't a lot of action or narrative in the amv, but given the song and anime choice, I'm not sure what more could have been done. Bloom into You is very dialogue driven, and the song is lush and amazing, but also is fairly static and has that shoegazer monotony to it. So probably you made a wise choice to mostly just overlay it up and have them lovingly stare at each other, haha.

SynaesthesiaVideos
Org Profile

Post by SynaesthesiaVideos » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:39 am

vivafruit wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:20 pm
SynaesthesiaVideos wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:04 pm
I read this and knew it would be good, lol. I think when someone is sick of making one of their amvs, it sort of shows they kept grinding until it was super polished. The effects look fantastic. I do kind of agree with your criticism that there isn't a lot of action or narrative in the amv, but given the song and anime choice, I'm not sure what more could have been done. Bloom into You is very dialogue driven, and the song is lush and amazing, but also is fairly static and has that shoegazer monotony to it. So probably you made a wise choice to mostly just overlay it up and have them lovingly stare at each other, haha.
lol you nailed the "grinding until super polished part" :lol:
I probably could've added some fancy masking but I would've ended up hating the vid. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Megamom
Org Profile

Post by Megamom » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:55 pm

Oh my god, Bloom into You... I love manga, I love anime, and now, I love your AMV, it's so fucking perfect ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤ 5/5
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”