The Girl Who Leapt Through Time AMV - Love Letter

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
SpaceJamsBeginning
Org Profile

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time AMV - Love Letter

Post by SpaceJamsBeginning » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:56 am

Hello everyone. This is the first AMV that I've made and I'm hoping to create more. I hope you enjoy it! The anime is The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. I thought about how Chiaki really liked Makoto but she didn't reciprocate those same feelings to him when he asked her out, but then later she started to like him after realizing how much Chiaki cared for her.

vkamv
Org Profile

Re: The Girl Who Leapt Through Time AMV - Love Letter

Post by vkamv » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:58 pm

I actually haven’t seen this anime yet, but I have seen other AMVs of so had a vague idea what it was about. I think you did a good job from the very start establishing the mood of the AMV which the song choice and lip syncing to show it’s not quite the normal drama AMV. The lip syncing didn’t always match but found it acceptable enough to get your point across.

The editing was pretty simple overall. I didn’t see any effects and mostly hard cuts. It actually reminded me more of a traditional music video than an AMV—since real music videos don’t focus so much on syncing to the beats of the song but telling a narrative story.

Overall decent work and enjoyable to watch.

seasons
Org Profile

Re: The Girl Who Leapt Through Time AMV - Love Letter

Post by seasons » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:39 am

Unexpected video source and the general flow of this video was not at all what I'm used to when it comes to this kind of music, so that was a plus.

Not sure if the lip sync really works or was necessary.

Orphan frame at 1:34 kind of shook me out of the moment.

I love that you didn't use any of the time leaping scenes from this film at all. There's a number of very flashy and very overused scenes from this movie that show up in every AMV made with The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and not a single one of them show up here. I don't mean to throw shade at anyone who edits with this movie and does use those scenes, I only want to say that omitting them made this AMV feel unique, and that including them in this AMV probably would have distracted from the everyday interpersonal conflict and drama that you were exploring in these scenes.

I mean, there was a time leaping scene or two here but taken out of context, it's not obvious what's happening and the visuals of those scenes don't feel out of place with the slice of life feel of the rest of this.

I don't even really like this song at all but I was still interested while watching this whole video. Nice job editing a character-focused, effects-free AMV.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”