Jujutsu Kaisen | AMV | - Let Me Leave

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Deeceness
Org Profile

Jujutsu Kaisen | AMV | - Let Me Leave

Post by Deeceness » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:12 pm

I've been making amv's for a while, I did take a long break for a while but I recently restarted making amv's. I'm always trying to learn how to make better amv's through criticism so if anyone has any advice after viewing my amv's, please let me know.

I decided to post this amv specifically because I put a lot of time and effort in making this amv. Also, this one has a mix of both sentimental and action scenes from Jujutsu Kaisen, specifically from the Junpei Arc. Therefore, I think that this amv will be enjoyable for many different viewers.

This video was published on Jan. 8, 2021.

If you do like this amv, please send some feedback, and please give it a like on my youtube channel and check out my other amv's. Any support is greatly appreciated!

*WATCH IN 1080P HD*

Video: Jujutsu Kaisen | AMV | - Let Me Leave
Category: Action, Sentimental
Anime: Jujutsu Kaisen (TV)
Song: Let Me Leave
Artist: Currents
Creator: Deeceness

seasons
Org Profile

Re: Jujutsu Kaisen | AMV | - Let Me Leave

Post by seasons » Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:10 am

I don't have any context for this series at all, so right off the bat I'm kind of at a loss as to who these characters are or what's going on in the opening shots here. And that's not really a "problem" but the opening of this video doesn't really give me a lot else to grab onto. There's a lot of shots of characters talking, staring into the distance, the music is really heavy but there's not really any action or atmosphere to draw the viewer in at this stage. There's a lot of jump cuts and zooms and... I don't know, if I'm just observing what's on screen and listing things I see, does this really help anyone? Probably not.

Action REALLY heats up when the song kicks in and the band really starts to rock out. And that's a good thing. Transitions and effects call attention to themselves in a big way and, once again, I think I'm just kind of pointing out the obvious here. Many viewers will love this kind of thing. I suspect that others won't. I could tell you to dial back the zooms and slide cuts and wobbles but that's probably something you really enjoy and I don't want to take the fun out of this for you. I'm sure that someone has made a comment about effects being like spices in a recipe and that too much of them will make the dish just overwhelming to taste, but if you like that kind of thing then who am I to tell you that you're wrong?

I have not seen this anime but I got the feeling this was a single episode edit, and once this got going I was able to follow the plot of it pretty easily. I mean, if I hadn't been able to do that, that would have been a huge problem! But I'm much more interested in how you feel about this series and how you'd want to truly remix it and put your own spin on it. Turning it into something different or something unexpected, maybe. I don't know, that's just what I'm into.

In a weird way, just as the effects became absolutely overwhelming at the end, I kind of felt like the video was finally breaking out of the box if felt trapped in. I mean, I don't know if I'd want to watch four minutes of that, specifically, but it was singularly weird enough that it caught my attention and made me feel like, "oh, well here's something."

One thing I will say is that it's obvious why you made most of the creative decisions that you did here. I can tell that you didn't slap this together without any ideas of why cuts went where they did or why effects were placed over certain clips. This feels like a purposeful edit and it definitely was not "lazy." I don't know what I'm expecting with these kinds of scenes and this kind of song, they just kind of go together and 999 times out of 1,000, they're naturally going to form a video that looks and feels something like this. But I would be curious to see what a truly "raw" Deeceness edit might look like. There are more than 20 videos on your YT channel, so there's probably at least one video like that?

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”