Project Org Editor Videos

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
James Blond
Org Profile

Project Org Editor Videos

Post by James Blond » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:57 pm

Hey all!

After months of delay (and recovering from editing 5 videos in 6 weeks), I've finally gotten around to uploading the finalized versions of each of my Org Editor videos to YouTube/the Org! If anyone out there has been looking for these, here they are!

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Project Org Editor Videos

Post by Kireblue » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:44 pm

So glad you uploaded these videos. Hellsing Under Seige, Summertime Shine, and Maybe It's Zombelline were some of my favorite videos throughout the entire competition. I've been watching you improve as an editor for years, but you really hit the ball out of the park in 2020. Can't wait to see what you do next :D

James Blond
Org Profile

Post by James Blond » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:30 pm

Kireblue wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:44 pm
So glad you uploaded these videos. Hellsing Under Seige, Summertime Shine, and Maybe It's Zombelline were some of my favorite videos throughout the entire competition. I've been watching you improve as an editor for years, but you really hit the ball out of the park in 2020. Can't wait to see what you do next :D
Thank you - I really appreciate that! I wasn't sure if I even wanted to try to compete in Org Editor; making an AMV in a week seemed so daunting. (It generally takes 4-6 weeks for me to finish anything!) I'm glad I gave it a try, though. It's hard to believe I was able to make any of these in time, but I was able to do it! I guess working under a tight deadline was helpful for me?

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:38 pm

It's as counterintuitive as you can get, but I think that the more new AMVs an editor puts in single thread in the announcements forum, the less chance there is that the thread will actually get replies. And that sucks, because it's an instance of someone being courteous and thoughtful in NOT spamming the forum with multiple threads, an act that ought to be rewarded with replies. But I think most people see a BUNCH of videos in a single post and feel a little overwhelmed by the prospect of watching them all, so they just... don't. I've done this many times and seen it many more.

Commenting on just one video is better than commenting on none (I guess) so...
Lyric sync early on felt really loose and was probably supposed to be really literal but kind of stops short in a couple of key scenes (he's not about to vomit up the coffee he just drank but he actually seems really refreshed by it, he is walking down the stairs but he is not falling down them like the song says, etc).

But seasons, 100% accurate lyric sync is never required! You're not getting upset that Seal was never actually kissed by a rose, so why let this bother you?

Good question! I mean, you could spend the rest of your life trying to find those perfect scenes and this video would never be finished.

The sunny and relaxed vibe here was fully fleshed out and the pacing of the video was really nice. Good sense of subtle and consistent motion in every shot, even when they're relatively static and not packed with action.

Pre-pandemic slice of life goofiness that's idealized but pretty grounded overall, at least until the scene at 2:49.

Maybe I'll even watch these other AMVs, let's find out!

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”