Warning! Ima bout to get kind of deep

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
TheDestineeAMV
Org Profile

Warning! Ima bout to get kind of deep

Post by TheDestineeAMV » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:59 am

Wow, it's been a fat minute since I last posted on the Announcements forum. Yes if you are wondering about the subject title, this video was inspired by a complicated relationship that I've dealt with my entire life: one with my parents. If you have met me irl, then you might know what I am talking about. I go a little more into detail in the video description, but to sum it up, it is a constant battle between who I want to be and who they want me to be. I posted this video a while back, but it is only now that I am able to start internalizing and have some understanding towards a lot of the crap that I was put through (guess who has been going to therapy aha).

Nevertheless I hope you all still enjoy the video!

Last edited by TheDestineeAMV on Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

vivafruit
Org Profile

Re: Warning! Ima bout to get kind of deep

Post by vivafruit » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:55 am

Thanks for posting. You managed to pack a lot of emotion and nuance into the edit, and I liked it a lot. My relationship with my parents is not particularly rosy so there were definitely some feels here on my end. My SO and I are getting ready to be parents ourselves, and I have been thinking a lot about how to avoid traumatizing our kids.

TheDestineeAMV
Org Profile

Post by TheDestineeAMV » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:07 pm

vivafruit wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:55 am
Thanks for posting. You managed to pack a lot of emotion and nuance into the edit, and I liked it a lot. My relationship with my parents is not particularly rosy so there were definitely some feels here on my end. My SO and I are getting ready to be parents ourselves, and I have been thinking a lot about how to avoid traumatizing our kids.
Congratulations! |:> If I'd be terrified as heck if I was having kids myself, but it's good you are thinking ahead about that

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:46 am

A pretty strong video overall. I have not seen this anime but I did feel a strong sense of sync between the scenes and the lyrics. There was a good sense of buildup in how you arranged the scenes that matched the musical buildups and musical releases throughout the song. A solid AMV from beginning to end.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”