AMVs announcments

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
DarkCreators AMV
Org Profile

AMVs announcments

Post by DarkCreators AMV » Tue May 19, 2020 4:39 pm

Our amvs have no space on youtube ...
YT Channel: DarkCreators AMV

-----AMV-------
Creator: DarkCreators AMV (barone66x)

Creator: DarkCreators AMV (Kira)

[added VidID and Streaming Embed - Kireblue]

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Re: AMVs announcments

Post by Mol » Wed May 20, 2020 2:38 am

Hey, our site requires creator (in person) of video to catalog video first. So please do that as soon otherwise it will be removed. If you don't know how, here is the FAQ post about it viewtopic.php?p=1546652#p1546652 .While they will be removed on youtube, here those will be more than safe !

Until then, I'm going to move your thread to the “Awaiting Catalog Entry” forum.
Still better than that MMO.

DarkCreators AMV
Org Profile

Post by DarkCreators AMV » Wed May 20, 2020 5:10 am

what is the voice "Studio"?

DarkCreators AMV
Org Profile

Post by DarkCreators AMV » Wed May 20, 2020 5:29 am

Done :)

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:34 pm

DarkCreators AMV wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 4:39 pm
-----AMV-------

The first big change in the music happens 6 seconds in. And you do pick a good shot to cut to here that signals this change pretty effectively. At 0:28, there's another big change... the scene just kind of plays on here without any big changes at all. And sometimes that's fine! But I was itching for something new.

Big, big change at 0:39 with the first verse coming in. A soft and gentle fade to black and then a soft fade into the next shot doesn't quite nail this moment with the adrenaline rush that it perhaps could.

0:55-0:57 is a nifty little sequence, stuff like this is great.

Fading out of this shot, there's a cut in the middle of the fade and that's always gotta be something you avoid at all costs!

Everything from 1:01 to 1:28 felt extremely slow. I can understand your motivation for editing this as you did: some of it kind of works in terms of building up anticipation for what's to come. The cut at 1:28 is big and meaningful and the action shots that happen here do hit a little bit harder as they feel reinforced by the changes in the music.

Mixing dialogue and sound effects from the episode over the song is always a risky move. I think it works best when there's no vocals in the part of the song where you're trying to do this.

DarkCreators AMV
Org Profile

Post by DarkCreators AMV » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:11 pm

Thanks a lot for the tips, I'm still in the beginning, I invite you to watch the video that I will shortly upload on the amv org, it's already on youtube and it's an amv mix. -barone66x

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”