MadoHomu Blinding Lights

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
vkamv
Org Profile

MadoHomu Blinding Lights

Post by vkamv » Sun May 03, 2020 10:05 pm

A relatively short Madoka X Homura AMV set to a remix of Weeknd Blinding Lights. Created some custome scenes via masks that add some freshness and for narrative purposes.

seasons
Org Profile

Re: MadoHomu Blinding Lights

Post by seasons » Thu May 21, 2020 11:05 am

Atmosphere of the visuals finds a perfect marriage in this tune.

Not a single dull moment in this, something's always happening and that's a good thing!

Or is it?

It's better than nothing happening, that's for sure.

(Why) do you consider this a "low effort" AMV?

vkamv
Org Profile

Post by vkamv » Thu May 21, 2020 11:09 pm

seasons wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 11:05 am
Atmosphere of the visuals finds a perfect marriage in this tune.

Not a single dull moment in this, something's always happening and that's a good thing!

Or is it?

It's better than nothing happening, that's for sure.

(Why) do you consider this a "low effort" AMV?
Thank you for taking the time to watch and for commenting, I greatly I appreciate it. I'm glad that you enjoyed the visuals. I tried to match them to the lyrics but not always be too obvious. The "low effort" what just a joke in reference to how AMVs in general are perceived as a low effort hobby by many in the creative fan work world out there.

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Fri May 22, 2020 7:27 am

I liked it but the flow feels off.

Scene Selection is good.

I think something like a light-sweep transition effect at points would help the flow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEwjnrFdzvE

Best,
Brad

vivafruit
Org Profile

Post by vivafruit » Fri May 22, 2020 9:16 am

I liked the lyric matching. The clips are very pretty and match the tone/feel of the song. Synching is great. I think the fade-out at the end was a little awkward - it's clear there's more song left, but the video abruptly ends.

Overall good job. Thanks for posting!

vkamv
Org Profile

Post by vkamv » Wed May 27, 2020 7:45 pm

lloyd9988 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:27 am
I liked it but the flow feels off.

Scene Selection is good.

I think something like a light-sweep transition effect at points would help the flow.

Best,
Brad
Thank you for taking time to view and to comment. I appreciate it. I actually did use a light leak once in this AMV, but could probably used it more to make to flow better.
vivafruit wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 9:16 am
I liked the lyric matching. The clips are very pretty and match the tone/feel of the song. Synching is great. I think the fade-out at the end was a little awkward - it's clear there's more song left, but the video abruptly ends.

Overall good job. Thanks for posting!
Thanks for taking the time to view and comment. I appreciate it. Next time I'll try to make the song outro more seamless. Thanks!

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”