Cozyland (Laid Back Camp AMV)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
seasons
Org Profile

Cozyland (Laid Back Camp AMV)

Post by seasons » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:51 pm

You're probably spending more time at home than usual right now, so you might as well get as cozy as you can. Hope this video helps!

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Re: Cozyland (Laid Back Camp AMV)

Post by CrackTheSky » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:59 pm

I can't fall asleep right after I've gotten my heart rate up, which is what I did by playing a specific type of video game for the last half hour or so that tends to do just that. So I watched this video to calm me down, and boy did it ever. I'll avoid using all the obvious adjectives because it's too easy, but you know that feeling you get when you ease into an outdoor hot tub in the middle of winter? If you don't, it's basically the material equivalent of watching this video. Like, this video almost physically warms me from the inside out.

Yeah, I like this a lot.

vkamv
Org Profile

Post by vkamv » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:06 pm

Definitely a “cozy” and laid back AMV. I thought you did a really good job with your scene selection and matching them to the beat and lyrics of the song. As for the effects I felt that they were a bit too strong. The intensity of the blur felt to high and too short. Feel if you decreased the effect intensity and made the transition a bit longer between scenes it would fit the mood better and make the transitions more seamless. I think that as the AMV progressed the effects were better and overall mood improved as well.

Hiagoka
Org Profile

Post by Hiagoka » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:45 am

It really does remind to the camp days somehow. Video perfectly fits with music, so much details and little things, that makes it so interesting and unique. Too bad that video was deleted from youtube :(

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:56 am

Pretty nice vid, felt relaxing which is good i think. x2 on blurs should be more careful.
Still better than that MMO.

idontneedaname
Org Profile

Post by idontneedaname » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:30 am

I feel calm and happiness after this vid. Thanks for it!

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Tue May 12, 2020 9:53 am

CrackTheSky wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:59 pm
you know that feeling you get when you ease into an outdoor hot tub in the middle of winter?
I don't but it sounds nice. :)

Glad you enjoyed.
vkamv wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:06 pm
The intensity of the blur felt to high and too short. Feel if you decreased the effect intensity and made the transition a bit longer between scenes it would fit the mood better and make the transitions more seamless.
Mol wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:56 am
x2 on blurs should be more careful.
I do agree with this, I was never able to get the blur effects quite right and eventually just decided they were "good enough." I tinkered with them so much but perhaps I never had a clear idea in mind of exactly what it was I was trying to accomplish with them. Didn't want to overdo them, didn't want to under-use them, they seemed like the tool that would help me stitch a couple of these cuts together when I wasn't 100% sure what to do, and in some cases I think they really did work. But I can definitely see where there's still room for improvement and the transitions aren't as smooth as they ought to be.
Hiagoka wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:45 am
It really does remind to the camp days somehow. Video perfectly fits with music, so much details and little things, that makes it so interesting and unique. Too bad that video was deleted from youtube :(
This was the first time in a LONG time that this happened to me and the first time that appealing the decision did not work. I was left with the feeling that my appeal was never actually read by a person (or even "read" by a machine), and I'm absolutely certain that no one ever watched the video to confirm what it was that the copyright software was flagging. Unlike most AMVs taken down, the video source was flagged for copyright, not the audio.

I just uploaded it to Vimeo so we'll see if the same thing happens there.

vivafruit
Org Profile

Post by vivafruit » Wed May 13, 2020 1:18 pm

I liked this a lot. I really enjoy AMVs that aren't just about fighting and try for a unique theme. Editing was lax (fitting the theme!) but generally spot on. Scene selection was very cute.

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Fri May 15, 2020 3:34 am

I liked it. Nice laid-back feel

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”