Secrets - Haibane Renmei AMV

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Katranat
Org Profile

Secrets - Haibane Renmei AMV

Post by Katranat » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:10 pm

So I finally sucked it up and finished this. Thank you everyone who left me feedback previously!

Not completely happy with it, but I feel it does a good job of conveying the sense of mystery and intrigue that Haibane Renmei has. At some point I want to make another Haibane AMV which I've been thinking about for years, so this video gave me a good chance to get familiar with the source material properly.

Hope you all enjoy!

Milan21
Org Profile

Re: Secrets - Haibane Renmei AMV

Post by Milan21 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:18 pm

I like the mood and your scene selection. I feel that mystery in your video, good job!

And also it's good to see a new Haibane AMV in these days.

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:08 pm

I like this song choice feels refreshing for this kind of vid i think, . I enjoyed this quite a bit, solid work.
Still better than that MMO.

Katranat
Org Profile

Post by Katranat » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:22 pm

Milan21 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:18 pm
I like the mood and your scene selection. I feel that mystery in your video, good job!

And also it's good to see a new Haibane AMV in these days.
Thank you so much! I'm happy to hear the mystery vibe came through.
Mol wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:08 pm
I like this song choice feels refreshing for this kind of vid i think, . I enjoyed this quite a bit, solid work.
Thank you for your kind words! Glad you enjoyed it.

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:37 pm

This vid leans heavily on external sync, and there's nothing wrong with that, but it's not a style of editing you see often these days. I really liked it, it brings me back to older ways of editing. It matches well with the anime source. Only thing I could say I didn't like - and it's not necessarily a bad thing either - is that the beginning seemed a little slow/off to me. But it all picks up fairly quickly and overall I really liked the vid. Thanks for sharing it =]
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

Katranat
Org Profile

Post by Katranat » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:26 pm

SQ wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:37 pm
This vid leans heavily on external sync, and there's nothing wrong with that, but it's not a style of editing you see often these days. I really liked it, it brings me back to older ways of editing. It matches well with the anime source. Only thing I could say I didn't like - and it's not necessarily a bad thing either - is that the beginning seemed a little slow/off to me. But it all picks up fairly quickly and overall I really liked the vid. Thanks for sharing it =]
Internal sync is kinda my jam.

Thank you so much for your comments!

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:33 pm

Good sense of pacing right from the start, very engaging. Nice lyric sync in the scenes that follow and throughout the whole video.

I'm not really accustomed to hearing songs like this in AMVs made with this series. I think it works here, maybe I'm caught up in the novelty of it but I have watched this a couple times since you posted it and I've enjoyed it every time.

This was a thoughtful character profile for both Rakka and Reki (hopefully you intended something like this), I liked it a lot.

Katranat
Org Profile

Post by Katranat » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:42 pm

seasons wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:33 pm
Good sense of pacing right from the start, very engaging. Nice lyric sync in the scenes that follow and throughout the whole video.

I'm not really accustomed to hearing songs like this in AMVs made with this series. I think it works here, maybe I'm caught up in the novelty of it but I have watched this a couple times since you posted it and I've enjoyed it every time.

This was a thoughtful character profile for both Rakka and Reki (hopefully you intended something like this), I liked it a lot.
Thank you so much for your kind words! Yes it was intended to be a character profile for them both and also focusing on the dynamic between them.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”