Tomorrow Will Be A Good Day...

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Elcalavero
Org Profile

Tomorrow Will Be A Good Day...

Post by Elcalavero » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:49 am

FoxJones
The foxiest!
Org Profile

Re: Tomorrow Will Be A Good Day...

Post by FoxJones » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:07 pm

It has an excellent mood and I love what you did with the music! As a medley, and the way you use it with the anime in the video itself. At first I would have liked to hear your thoughts about the video before I started watching it, as I was left with only the title. After seeing the video a few times I see that.. it's enough. Story/message is there and to convey it, I would say this is very well directed. At start you have the patience with the slow parts and this emphasizes the next section perfectly. Most of the scene selection works well.
To criticize something, there were some scene selections/decisions that raised an eyebrow, and you start to lose the touch on this video near the end with the fadeout.
Nevertheless, I think I found myself a keeper.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:48 pm

I was excited to see yet another new video from you, but then a little disappointed to see what the source was. After shorisquared's "Circuit Tree" and CrackTheSky's "ECS.01: Metropolis" (and lots of other videos that weren't made within the last two years), what more could anyone do with this series?

Somehow this still set itself apart from every other Metropolis AMV I've seen and my familiarity with other editors' works didn't stop this from feeling like a unique and very different experience from anything I was expecting. You really let the visuals speak for themselves, the music sets such an interesting mood, this was very good!

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:29 pm

I very much enjoyed this. Great mood, and a different "story" (for lack of a better term) than most Metropolis videos I've seen.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”