New AMV channel upload

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
BuckMaverick
Org Profile

New AMV channel upload

Post by BuckMaverick » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:47 pm

Here is the link to my new channel and my first video.

seasons
Org Profile

Re: New AMV channel upload

Post by seasons » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:37 pm

Nice intro, appropriately haunting and restrained, good transition into the actual action.

Action fits the flow of the song pretty well. Overall it felt pretty chaotic, a collage of fight scenes that just kind of blurs together in a haze of violence. I guess that's the idea, so this video succeeds but I kind of wish it did something more?

Anyone in need of help can reach the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1–800–273–8255 or SuicidePreventionLifeline.org to chat with someone online.

FoxJones
The foxiest!
Org Profile

Re: New AMV channel upload

Post by FoxJones » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:20 pm

I see why you paired the music and the anime. The attitude is there and this combination is good. What I feel is that you bit a little more than you could chew with this one, since this style of music is challenging to edit at best. You seem a little bit lost at times on what to do with the music source. It doesn't quite go far enough with tight editing nor really feast on the slow pacing.. end result being something in between through most of the video.
It's not a bad video, and I'm a sucker for slow-motion footage, so it was worth a watch at least.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”