Kindness [Mob Psycho 100]

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
PieandBeer
Most Important Meal
Org Profile

Kindness [Mob Psycho 100]

Post by PieandBeer » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:04 am

i just got a lot of feelings ok

seasons
Org Profile

Re: Kindness [Mob Psycho 100]

Post by seasons » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:36 am

I preferred 100% Salt but this was still really good.

HeartbreakOrchestraAmvs
Org Profile

Post by HeartbreakOrchestraAmvs » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:45 pm

Although you really really matched the tone brilliantly, i can't help but think it'd be 10 times better if you'd have employed some color correction or something for the aesthetic. It's an interesting choice to make a Mob Amv using a song that doesn't have that much of a beat, still did great considering.
Also 1:36 - 1:39 looks good.

PieandBeer
Most Important Meal
Org Profile

Post by PieandBeer » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:21 pm

HeartbreakOrchestraAmvs wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:45 pm
Although you really really matched the tone brilliantly, i can't help but think it'd be 10 times better if you'd have employed some color correction or something for the aesthetic. It's an interesting choice to make a Mob Amv using a song that doesn't have that much of a beat, still did great considering.
there is honestly sooooooo much color correction in this vid including a purple overlay i put on legit for aesthetics;; i also did a ton of work getting season 1 clips to match the colors of the second season. i agree there are a few scenes that still stick out that i wouldve wanted to correct had i spent more time on it, but like look at the original sources and compare @_@ there was a lot of work done so i dont know what youd want except for me to make it more obvious?

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:10 pm

I think it works well. But i would have liked it even more if you used kiing girls and boys to some medieval tune.
Still better than that MMO.

HeartbreakOrchestraAmvs
Org Profile

Post by HeartbreakOrchestraAmvs » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:24 pm

PieandBeer wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:21 pm
Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:45 pm
there is honestly sooooooo much color correction in this vid including a purple overlay i put on legit for aesthetics;; i also did a ton of work getting season 1 clips to match the colors of the second season. i agree there are a few scenes that still stick out that i wouldve wanted to correct had i spent more time on it, but like look at the original sources and compare @_@ there was a lot of work done so i dont know what youd want except for me to make it more obvious?

O' shit, sorry lass. Nothing grinds my gears more than when i alter a try really hard to alter a scene then someone assumes it's part of the anime itself. Looking at it again i see what you mean. Although i didn't mean color correctin as in matching the scence, which you did fairly well, rather i had giving it some dusky color so it would all be more or less like the scence at 0:51 or 1:21. I'd like to end saying color correction is very much my absolute weakest spot so i can't give a more specific advice.

Btw, at 59 to 1:00, while zooming there's a really nice effect that matches the beat really well. How did you do it if it's not from the source materiel, and if it is good job on the matching

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:55 pm

One of my favorite videos that I saw at NDK. My limited experience with MP100 videos makes me think this more muted and emotional approach is outside of the norm, but it works really well and you created a really poignant character profile. Your style here is on point as always. Nothing to complain about, your passion for this series shines through in the editing, great work :up:

PieandBeer
Most Important Meal
Org Profile

Post by PieandBeer » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:32 am

Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:24 pm

rather i had giving it some dusky color so it would all be more or less like the scence at 0:51 or 1:21. I'd like to end saying color correction is very much my absolute weakest spot so i can't give a more specific advice.

Btw, at 59 to 1:00, while zooming there's a really nice effect that matches the beat really well. How did you do it if it's not from the source materiel, and if it is good job on the matching
0:51 has a ton of color correction on it and 1:21 is pretty native (tho it is one of the segments i wish i adjusted more!) haha my goal was to make the vid calming more than stylized

at 0:59, it's a combination! the source has a beautiful zoom and transition but it was a bit too slow so i added a slow zoom on top of it to make it keep pace with the clips around it

thank you everyone :shark:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”