Naruto - When I Grow Up

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
MetalGear589
Org Profile

Naruto - When I Grow Up

Post by MetalGear589 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:30 pm

This is my second AMV, I am sorry I used subtitles again but in my next one, there won't be any, promise!
I want to thank 'seasons' for the great review he gave me, I really appreciate it!

seasons
Org Profile

Re: Naruto - When I Grow Up

Post by seasons » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:24 pm

I like this a lot more than most rap AMVs because you're not ignoring the lyrics. There's a lot of good lyric sync in this video, more than I'm used to seeing in most rap AMVs that ride hard on the vibe on the song (whether it's laid back or aggressive or something else) but rarely pair any of the visuals to the lyrics in anything more than the most generic way possible.

Really loved his in the opening sequence of the video. Once the fight scene with Snake Orochimaru and Sasuke came on, it kind of felt like this was drifting back into the realm of being a standard Naruto AMV. The section of 1:44 to about 2:12 was also really good, I love the fast cuts here and thought it paired really well with the lyrics of the song.

I really like the direction you're going in here.

MetalGear589
Org Profile

Post by MetalGear589 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:57 am

Thank you very much for your review seasons, very informative indeed.

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:50 am

Mhm pretty interesing lyric sync i guess :d ithink 2 aspect ratios felt a bit weird, but i guess older eps are like that. Not too bad .
Still better than that MMO.

MetalGear589
Org Profile

Post by MetalGear589 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:35 am

Thank you, Mol!

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”