On the Way of the Bow (Mondocon 2019 Summer Audience's Choice Award)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Milan21
Org Profile

On the Way of the Bow (Mondocon 2019 Summer Audience's Choice Award)

Post by Milan21 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:46 am

I’ve made this simple video, because I love archery and Tsurune too.
And this song made me think a bit different about what type of outcome I want to see, when I finishing this project.

It was terrible to hear about the fire case at Kyoto Animation’s main studio.
The video was finished 11 days before that, but I wanted to make a little memoir about it on the end of the clip, because Tsurune was KyoAni’s last completed anime series which I really like.

Anyway I dont' know how, but my video received (hungarian) Mondocon 2019 Summer's Audience's Choice Award. :)

That’s all, I think.

I hope You may find my video enjoyable. :D

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Re: On the Way of the Bow (Mondocon 2019 Summer Audience's Choice Award)

Post by Kionon » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:31 am

Milan21 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:46 am
It was terrible to hear about the fire case at Kyoto Animation’s main studio.
The video was finished 11 days before that, but I wanted to make a little memoir about it on the end of the clip, because Tsurune was KyoAni’s last completed anime series which I really like.
To be clear (I am sure you know), it was arson and murder. While it doesn't appear I knew anyone in the fire, I do have friends/colleagues/students of friends who were killed (I used to work for a subdivision of Bandai doing anime reviews for overseas marketing). I toured the KyoAni studio in 2010. To say this was upsetting is an understatement.

I sure hope your In Memoriam doesn't imply KyoAni is gone for good. I really hope with the millions of dollars of support they've received from Japan and the world, they will rebuild.

Anyway I dont' know how, but my video received (hungarian) Mondocon 2019 Summer's Audience's Choice Award. :)

That’s all, I think.

I hope You may find my video enjoyable. :D
Very enjoyable. And I can definitely see how it won an award. It's a very different type of AMV than I am used to, but it was very good. Not too short, but short enough that the premise stayed engaging. Also, it sounded a lot like taiko drumming (but I think it's not?), so the whole thing felt very Japanese, and almost more like official promotional material than a fan work.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Milan21
Org Profile

Post by Milan21 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:13 am

Kionon wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:31 am
I sure hope your In Memoriam doesn't imply KyoAni is gone for good. I really hope with the millions of dollars of support they've received from Japan and the world, they will rebuild.
I dosen't meant like that. Sorry for my bad english. :(

I just did not know what to say about that. The simple is better - I thought.

I wanted to illustrate the way behind KyoAni and I think they will rebuild shortly their studio. Because we are on their side.
Kionon wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:31 am
Very enjoyable. And I can definitely see how it won an award. It's a very different type of AMV than I am used to, but it was very good. Not too short, but short enough that the premise stayed engaging. Also, it sounded a lot like taiko drumming (but I think it's not?), so the whole thing felt very Japanese, and almost more like official promotional material than a fan work.
Thank You!

I don't know taiko drums. As I know, Audiomachine working with lot of istruments, so it is possible in my opinion.

The only thing i know sure, these drums are fit well for the anime. That's why I'm used this song.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:03 am

This was really good. Really picks up steam in the 2nd half, not quite like any other AMV I can think of.

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:16 am

Pretty nice. I like how sound effects of music seem to be quite complimentary for it , pretty cool edit.
Still better than that MMO.

vkamv
Org Profile

Post by vkamv » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:29 pm

Interesting video. Really felt more like a montage type scene you would see within a movie rather than an typical AMV. You did a great job building suspense and delivering.

Moonlessnight
Org Profile

Post by Moonlessnight » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:58 pm

I adore this video! Shameless archery practitioner here, and I love the way the video captures the feeling of the sport. The slow build as the bow arms creak back, the twang of the string snapping forward, and the sweet bliss of a clean arrow release.... Even better to hit that target so far down range!

The music choice was awesome, and the editing - while simple - was very well done. You have my praise!
There is nothing like a moonless night to watch a few AMVs.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”