INNOCENCE - The Final Adventure (AX 2019 Drama Finalist)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
tko03isaneditor
Org Profile

INNOCENCE - The Final Adventure (AX 2019 Drama Finalist)

Post by tko03isaneditor » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:18 pm

Akihito and Kuriyama join together one last time to fight off the incoming planet catastrophe. Could this be their Final Adventure?

Hey! Tko03 here. I spent $2000 to go to Anime Expo, did two panels, and entered the AMV Contest. What did i learn?

Don't fly to another country just because you want to win in a competition.

This AMV has been one of the craziest things that has happened to me this year. I went to a convention 1000 miles away from me, made a ton of friends, and well. Kinda sorta lost but not really, a final spot is already a win. I learned a lot while making this music video. I edited using new wave and old wave techniques through after effects, how to use color correction (correctly), and most importantly. To not enter contests because you want to win, but to have fun.

10 months ago i was. Well, stupid. I bought an AX pass and flight despite not even starting my AMV. What happened was a spiral of events which isn't important right now, but what's done is done. I'm extremely proud i went into this competition but i feel i still rushed the video and didn't completely flesh out the finale of this entire anime music video series. I regret that because it did cost me what could've been a really cool moment, but without it i would've never learned from my mistakes. As always, my DM'S are always open and criticism is always accepted and i hope you enjoy. My whole story will be out in a couple days in a vlog on my youtube, if you're into that.

Anirevo Marketing Team 2020

Opner
Org Profile

Re: INNOCENCE - The Final Adventure (AX 2019 Drama Finalist)

Post by Opner » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:12 pm

Hey I was at AX and watched this at the contest! I love AMVs that have their own original story and this was an amazing video with great effects/masking. You got second in Drama as I recall. In my honest opinion this deserved to be first place. The AMV that got first place (MIA) was in my opinion full of flaws and too choppy at times. My friends and I were honestly frustrated but different strokes for different folks. Great video and I hope you make more!

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:01 pm

Nice Job. I really enjoyed watching your series of Beyond the Boundary vids, and this one had an especially interesting plot :D

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:55 am

I liked it. Looked quite good on my work 1920x1200 Samsung SyncMaster 275T (27"), we shall see how good it looks on my 4K Acer when I get home.

In absolutely frikken weird, I can see both of those skyscrapers from different windows in my current office building, and the second one (the shorter, oval-ish one) is literally outside my personal office's window. I'll take a photo when the sky clears of your video on that building on my monitor with that building behind said monitor outside the window, if I am right about it being the same building. It's rain right now, so half the building is obscured in mist.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:41 am

Kionon wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:55 am
I liked it. Looked quite good on my work 1920x1200 Samsung SyncMaster 275T (27"), we shall see how good it looks on my 4K Acer when I get home.

In absolutely frikken weird, I can see both of those skyscrapers from different windows in my current office building, and the second one (the shorter, oval-ish one) is literally outside my personal office's window. I'll take a photo when the sky clears of your video on that building on my monitor with that building behind said monitor outside the window, if I am right about it being the same building. It's rain right now, so half the building is obscured in mist.
Definitely the same building:

ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

tko03isaneditor
Org Profile

Post by tko03isaneditor » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:59 am

Kionon wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:41 am
Kionon wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:55 am

Definitely the same building:

wO- WOAHOH, THATS META AS HELL.

Sorry I destroyed your home and earth as we know it but hey-ho! Glad you liked seeing the end of the world
Anirevo Marketing Team 2020

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:59 am

tko03isaneditor wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:59 am
Sorry I destroyed your home and earth as we know it but hey-ho! Glad you liked seeing the end of the world
No worries. Tokyo is always getting destroyed.

ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:36 am

It's quite good, nice compositinig and editing, but i don't really like enemy : d. Cool vid i guess
Still better than that MMO.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:56 am

Your smoothest video yet, easy to follow story, effects felt appropriately used (I really like the dissolve at 2:53, been trying in vain to achieve something like this for a while now without leaving Premiere) and not over-applied like I was kind of expecting for some reason. I love the pacing of this video, absolutely the opposite of the sort of AMV that I'm used to seeing some of these transition effects in.

There are some shots that I feel like could still be improved on (1:28-1:30, to single out one if I must) but you're miles ahead of my own personal understanding of what goes into using them so I really don't have any practical advice for you to take here.

I kind of want to say something about how shots from those Shinkai films were worked into this AMV, and whether or not that adds or detracts from the focus of the video, but I can't quite articulate my feelings about it. They don't clash with Beyond the Boundary or anything, I've just seen them show up in other AMVs in the same way they were used here and I think it's time we all had a talk about this. Or not!

Very rare to find a video that features Twixtor so prominently but actually succeeds most strongly as a character-driven action-drama.
Mol wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:36 am
i don't really like enemy
put this in your pipe and smoke it

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”