Endlessly, Line of Sight, Borderline, and Dissolve

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
SaltAMV
Org Profile

Endlessly, Line of Sight, Borderline, and Dissolve

Post by SaltAMV » Fri May 31, 2019 2:07 pm

I was going to only post Dissolve but decided to take the opportunity to also post a few of my previous amv's.

Hard cuts (only one cross fade in the entire project if i remember correctly) and that's pretty much it other than some zoom ins and outs. I like the raw editing style. I took inspiration from the song's original music video and thought it would go well with eva.

I wanted to give your lie in april a shot. Inspired by Nards' "A Moment Apart," I decided that this song would be a good fit for the show. Luckily for me, the reprise version of the song came out around the same time i wanted to begin this project and allowed me to edit to a softer beat.

I'm a Tame Impala fan and when I heard this song I knew I had to edit something to it.

This is my first amv with Davinci Resolve. I'm still learning to use it and in the process of making a Violet Evergarden AMV. This one was inspired by Copycat Revolver's "Solvent" which i like very much.

I would love to hear your thoughts, comments, or feedback for any of these. Thank you for checking them out!
meaning less fizzles

seasons
Org Profile

Re: Endlessly, Line of Sight, Borderline, and Dissolve

Post by seasons » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:12 pm

I love Borderline so much, such a cool and fun video that somehow bucks every feeling I had about this anime series and feels nothing like anyone else's Darling in the Franxxxx AMV. I hope other viewers get the same feeling from this that I did...or maybe they won't and this AMV just happens to be cut according to some ideal of personal taste that lives in my subconsciousness.

Endlessly is great, feels a little less surprising given that I love Evangelion and of course you're going to make a good Eva video.

Line of Sight and Dissolve are also really good, I have less to say about them right now but these are super-rewatchable AMVs I'll definitely be coming back to.

(It seems counterintuitive but I've noticed that threads started in this forum with multiple videos in them tend to get fewer replies than those created for a single AMV. I don't know how to explain this but I'm sure there's something to it.)

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:11 pm

Endlessly isn't working out for me for some reason guess im too add.

Line on sight on other hand i probably liked a bit too much :P. Feel like ideal set up.

Bordeline i guess is fine, entertaining i guess.

Dissolve , huh idk
Still better than that MMO.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:38 am

Couldn't really get into Endlessly and Borderline, but Line of Sight was really well done and had great pace and scene selection. Same thing for Dissolve. I really liked the editing in that one and wish it was a little longer.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”