[AMV] FMA ...:: His Love Will Conquer All ::..

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
KiaraAkira45
Org Profile

[AMV] FMA ...:: His Love Will Conquer All ::..

Post by KiaraAkira45 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:29 pm

Hello! I am new here, and this is the most recent video I've made. I've been making AMV's since I was around 11, and also work as a videographer/video editor on the side in real life. Hope you all enjoy, and please share your thoughts!

Video: [Edward Elric] ...:: His Love Will Conquer All ::...
Category: Character Profile
Anime: Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Song: Shattered
Artist: Trading Yesterday
Creator: KiaraAkira45
Program: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Re: [AMV] FMA ...:: His Love Will Conquer All ::..

Post by Mol » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:02 am

Oh hi there, it's cool to share a vid here but our forum requires you to enter it into catalog aka you need some instructions http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 2#p1546652

Meanwhile you have two weeks to enter it until gets deleted. For time being it's going to be in Awaiting Catalog Entry forum.
Still better than that MMO.

KiaraAkira45
Org Profile

Post by KiaraAkira45 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:25 pm

Mol wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:02 am
Oh hi there, it's cool to share a vid here but our forum requires you to enter it into catalog aka you need some instructions http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 2#p1546652

Meanwhile you have two weeks to enter it until gets deleted. For time being it's going to be in Awaiting Catalog Entry forum.
Ah sorry! I am so new to this site even though it says I made this account in 2009. Thank you, I uploaded it to the catalog!

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:00 pm

I kind of liked the slow pace of this, really matched the music very well. Had a somber tone but never felt miserable or unpleasant to watch.

On screen lyrics weren't completely necessary, I thought they looked fine but the editing itself was good enough to convey meaning to the viewer without holding their hand in such a way. The scenes are powerful enough to provoke emotion, the lyrics just add clutter to the screen (IMO).

A couple of orphan frames popped up here and there (0:20, 0:30, 0:34, 0:44), the kind of thing that really distracts me but maybe other viewers won't be bothered by it.

Edward suddenly screaming over the lyrics like that was really shocking and I really don't know if it achieved the effect you were going for or not.

I have a lot of criticisms here but I'm glad you made this and finally started posting to the site. You have a lot more videos on your YouTube account than this!

KiaraAkira45
Org Profile

Post by KiaraAkira45 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:38 am

seasons wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:00 pm
I kind of liked the slow pace of this, really matched the music very well. Had a somber tone but never felt miserable or unpleasant to watch.

On screen lyrics weren't completely necessary, I thought they looked fine but the editing itself was good enough to convey meaning to the viewer without holding their hand in such a way. The scenes are powerful enough to provoke emotion, the lyrics just add clutter to the screen (IMO).

A couple of orphan frames popped up here and there (0:20, 0:30, 0:34, 0:44), the kind of thing that really distracts me but maybe other viewers won't be bothered by it.

Edward suddenly screaming over the lyrics like that was really shocking and I really don't know if it achieved the effect you were going for or not.

I have a lot of criticisms here but I'm glad you made this and finally started posting to the site. You have a lot more videos on your YouTube account than this!
Ah, thank you for your reply! This song was really common for FMA videos when Brotherhood was first airing in the Us around 2010 and I never made an AMV for it and just couldn’t get the idea out of my head haha.

I see your point regarding the text, I personally just enjoy emphasizing some lyrics but now looking back feel I could’ve made the text smaller and it would’ve aesthetically looked better.

Yeah, some of those clips do seem out of place and I think I just put them there to fill a void. As for Ed speaking over the song, I don’t think I did a great job editing it with the audio transitions and volume over the song. I work with premiere and editing audio in the program is not fun haha. I appreciate your criticism, it’s always nice to get some more constructive criticisms and you don’t always get that on YouTube!

Thank you! I’m happy to finally be posting on here, you just don’t get a whole lot of feedback on YouTube anymore and I wanted to branch out and find some other editors to chat with!

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:21 pm

You'll find more direct and personalized feedback here than you will on YouTube. It's a very different kind of community and I hope you stick around and give it a chance.

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Thu May 02, 2019 10:00 am

Pretty good mood i think , didn't mind text too much. Editing seems on point but i agree with a bit too many orphan frames. Pretty solid vid i think, maybe that alphonse scream could be a bit lower too.
Still better than that MMO.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”