Tides of Time (My sad Clannad AMV)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Sephirothskr
One Winged Angel
Org Profile

Tides of Time (My sad Clannad AMV)

Post by Sephirothskr » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:08 pm

Woo! This video is finally done. I worked on and off for it for over a year, and I think this really the end of an era for Clannad videos. I really don't see them anymore so I think this will be my final one with the series, and I shall move onto more modern series.

But wow. I had a blast working on this one, and the last minute was just crazy fun to make. If you love romance videos, then here ya go.

I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did working on it. Thank you!

seasons
Org Profile

Re: Tides of Time (My sad Clannad AMV)

Post by seasons » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:30 pm

Very pretty, undeniably smooth AMV. This isn't really my style of music but it's definitely one of those videos that makes me forget that for a few minutes. The basic story was easy for me to follow even though I've never watched this anime.

I don't know if the motion smoothing really added a lot to this, it's nice and fluid (2:22-2:25 is a good example of where I feel it works best) but introduces some unusual-looking frames at times. Some of the masking transitions were quite good, effectively executed and clever. The second half of the video was extremely heavy on big transitions that were appropriate for the heavy turn that the song takes but felt just a little bit overused down the stretch. I'm not watching this trying to dock you points for little nitpicky things. I watched this three times and this is just my overall impression thinking about it afterwards.

What happens at the end of the song? The video just kind of cuts out and I didn't feel the sense of closure that I think the AMV really deserved.

I have mixed feelings about this overall but more positive ones than negative.

Sephirothskr
One Winged Angel
Org Profile

Post by Sephirothskr » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:25 pm

The ending was mainly to fit time for contests. I could extend it an additional ten seconds in about 5 minutes, but that's for the sake of hitting the 5 minutes. Maybe I should fix that. The ending of the song does have a nice vocal outro. As for the repetitive transitions at the end... I honestly could not figure out how to edit fast and neat without the zooms. I was worried it would be a tad repetitive.. but I'll take that to heart for my next video. Thank you for your kind words! :)

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:14 am

Pretty interesing vid, i felt transistions were fine genrally for me and added to vid. I guess it's solid work overall.
Still better than that MMO.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”