Reverie

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Dreamer AMV
Org Profile

Reverie

Post by Dreamer AMV » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:34 am

I started this AMV 5 months ago, but I couldn't finish it by then without inspiration. When I realized that my friend's birthday was coming, I decided that maybe it would be a good gift for her.

About editing, I would have liked to do something with greater impact... But leaving that aside, I'm happy with the result of one of the longest AMV I've ever done.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Reverie

Post by Kireblue » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:35 am

Great Job! Your editing was solid, and I really liked all your choices in panning/ movement for your scenes. You also did a good job at showing off how beautiful and well animated your source was. My only complaints were when you cut and faded completely to black at parts. I personally feel that fading completely to black is almost always jarring unless it's at the end of the video. Instead, I always personally recommend that people "cross fade to black" so that you still get the effect of a fading to black, but without ever going completely black. If you don't know what I mean by this, here is an example image
Spoiler :
The fade out of scene 1 one starts on frame 3 and doesn't finish till frame 8. But by that time, scene 2 has already started fading in at frame 6. And so there's never a point where the screen is completely black

Dreamer AMV
Org Profile

Post by Dreamer AMV » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:06 am

Kireblue wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:35 am
Great Job! Your editing was solid, and I really liked all your choices in panning/ movement for your scenes. You also did a good job at showing off how beautiful and well animated your source was. My only complaints were when you cut and faded completely to black at parts. I personally feel that fading completely to black is almost always jarring unless it's at the end of the video. Instead, I always personally recommend that people "cross fade to black" so that you still get the effect of a fading to black, but without ever going completely black. If you don't know what I mean by this, here is an example image
Spoiler :
The fade out of scene 1 one starts on frame 3 and doesn't finish till frame 8. But by that time, scene 2 has already started fading in at frame 6. And so there's never a point where the screen is completely black
Quoted Image converted to link:
https://i.imgur.com/gUfkXv5.jpg
I'm glad you like it! I also thank you for sharing with me what you think about completely fade black screen. I think you're right, I had not given much importance until now, but I really think I could have been much better if i would did it like you show me in that screenshot.
Electronic music can be somewhat difficult to handle when using an edition as raw as mine. It is because of this that I am learning to use programs like Adobe After Effects to expand my skills and show an evolution in my edition.

I hope to receive more constructive comments that will help me improve in the future, just as you have done.

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:40 pm

Pretty solid vid, maybe could use slight varaiation in sync but maybe im just so add :P Anyway nice
Still better than that MMO.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:19 am

I like this even more every time I watch it.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”