Spirited Away - Chihiro In Wonderland

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Opner
Org Profile

Spirited Away - Chihiro In Wonderland

Post by Opner » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:33 pm

This is my first time posting on this website. I hope I am doing it right. I am still a rookie with little experience so I hope you'll find it enjoyable.

vkamv
Org Profile

Re: Spirited Away - Chihiro In Wonderland

Post by vkamv » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:44 pm

Opner wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:33 pm

This is my first time posting on this website. I hope I am doing it right. I am still a rookie with little experience so I hope you'll find it enjoyable.
Visual/Audio: The source quality is very good. Clean and crisp. I enjoyed how you kept external effects to a minimum and allowed the quality of the animation itself to drive the AMV visually. Your usage of blurs was great. Not overbearing but a nice little touch here and there during transitions. The song was my taste but I think fit the mood you were going for.

Synchronization: I think the sync was pretty solid from start to finish. You did an excellent job finding scenes within the anime to match not only the lyrics but intensity of the song. Fast pace scenes during fast tempo parts, and slow paces scenes during slower paces segments. There were parts that I felt could have benefited from a few effects to match the different sounds, but that's an artistic choice.

Theme/Story: It’s been more than a decade since I’ve seen this film so it was interesting watching this AMV and remembering some scenes and not remembering others. I think it was a pretty good summary of the film and you did well accentuating the sense and feel of wonderment with your clip choices. Nice work!

Opner
Org Profile

Post by Opner » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:57 pm

Thanks for the detailed feedback! I wanted to emphasize how fast and wondrous every event was in the movie and I am glad it was enjoyable.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:50 am

Overall this was really good. Watching it made me unexpectedly happy.

Just a solid, upbeat video that delivers the goods. Anyone reading this should give it a few minutes.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”