"Can you hold me" AMV

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Moval
Org Profile

"Can you hold me" AMV

Post by Moval » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:28 pm

Hello everyone!

This one is a little simple. I don’t really know what to say about it.
It’s a classic amv, with a really over-used song. It was more like a test for music-synch. Anyway, I’m quite happy about the result. |:>
I like the Color correction. I wanted to give an aged look to the image. Make it look like something they shot on the moment.
All the scenes that I picked are very simple and common. Everyone could experience theses. They’re like some old memories that you idealize with the time. I hope you liked it!

Thank you for reading theses lines, for watching the video, and have a good day! :D
Ho, and I’d appreciate a lot if you have some remarks or advice for improving myself! thanks!

(and i'm sooo sorry for my English. I think that i never be able to express myself properly. :roll: )

vkamv
Org Profile

Re: "Can you hold me" AMV

Post by vkamv » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:38 pm

Moval wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:28 pm
Hello everyone!

This one is a little simple. I don’t really know what to say about it.
It’s a classic amv, with a really over-used song. It was more like a test for music-synch. Anyway, I’m quite happy about the result. |:>
I like the Color correction. I wanted to give an aged look to the image. Make it look like something they shot on the moment.
All the scenes that I picked are very simple and common. Everyone could experience theses. They’re like some old memories that you idealize with the time. I hope you liked it!

Thank you for reading theses lines, for watching the video, and have a good day! :D
Ho, and I’d appreciate a lot if you have some remarks or advice for improving myself! thanks!

(and i'm sooo sorry for my English. I think that i never be able to express myself properly. :roll: )

Visual/Audio: I felt that your color correction was too strong, particularly the exposure. Made a lot of the scenes look too bright and washed out. As for the audio, your cuts were too obvious and the end was abrupt and jarring. I understand the need to shorten a song, I do it myself, but your editing of the audio was really distracting.

Synchronization: I thought your sync work was pretty good. I liked what you did at 0:38, 1:04 to 1:06, and 1:22 to 1:27. The scenes you chose fit with the pace of the song I thought.

Story/Theme: I liked how you focused on several different relationships and intermingled them. However, some of the characters in here I wasn’t sure why, particularly Mirai from Beyond the Boundary. I didn’t see her counterpart so not sure about her scenes. Also, it ended very abruptly just as it was building up, which left me feeling the story was incomplete.

Overall, it was interesting. If you work on reducing the exposure, edit the audio more seamlessly, I think it will be pretty good.

Moval
Org Profile

Post by Moval » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:26 am

vkamv wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:38 pm

Visual/Audio: I felt that your color correction was too strong, particularly the exposure. Made a lot of the scenes look too bright and washed out. As for the audio, your cuts were too obvious and the end was abrupt and jarring. I understand the need to shorten a song, I do it myself, but your editing of the audio was really distracting.

Synchronization: I thought your sync work was pretty good. I liked what you did at 0:38, 1:04 to 1:06, and 1:22 to 1:27. The scenes you chose fit with the pace of the song I thought.

Story/Theme: I liked how you focused on several different relationships and intermingled them. However, some of the characters in here I wasn’t sure why, particularly Mirai from Beyond the Boundary. I didn’t see her counterpart so not sure about her scenes. Also, it ended very abruptly just as it was building up, which left me feeling the story was incomplete.

Overall, it was interesting. If you work on reducing the exposure, edit the audio more seamlessly, I think it will be pretty good.
Hi ! thanks for your comment !
your're right about the song and about mirai ! I'll be more careful next time :)

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:53 am

This was pretty well edited. I think you could make something special if you applied yourself to an original idea and saw it all the way through.

I'd like to see this video without the bright effects that were applied to (most?) every scene. That got my attention at first but I don't really know if it was necessary.

I have to admit, I felt kind of cheated by how it just suddenly ended like that. Why not make a whole AMV?

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”