CacoVenom - Until I Die - Battle Royale IC

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
CacoVenom
Org Profile

CacoVenom - Until I Die - Battle Royale IC

Post by CacoVenom » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:42 pm

I made this video in 3 days for Battle Royale IC host by Zona AMV, its been more than 2 years since my last video i hope next time to do it sooner.

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Re: CacoVenom - Until I Die - Battle Royale IC

Post by Mol » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:08 pm

Well i don't think this vid is up my alley but good try i guess. Good luck on next one!
Still better than that MMO.

vkamv
Org Profile

Post by vkamv » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:57 am

CacoVenom wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:42 pm

I made this video in 3 days for Battle Royale IC host by Zona AMV, its been more than 2 years since my last video i hope next time to do it sooner.
Audio/Visual: Visually I thought it was good for 720p. You did a great job with the effects to add a sense of flow to the transitions. A good mix of camera pans, masking, overlays, and matching shots to transition between the different scenes to make it feel like a cohesive whole. I thought some of the effects felt a bit cheap, like the twirls. I liked what you did at 0:40, but it looked out of place and too strong for me at 0:47. But hey, that might just be personal taste.

The song was a good fit for the mood you were going for. Good lyrics and interesting beat.

Synchronization: The sync I felt was solid for the most part from start to finish. You did a good job matching the varying tempo and intensity within the song with your scene selection. Good mixture of external effect use and internal sync—finding scenes within the actual anime to sync with the varying beats and screams.

Theme/Story: You definitely got the action theme down, but I would have liked to see a bit more focus on the drama and character profile aspect.

I have seen this anime and am acquainted with the characters, and yet watching this AMV, I felt very little emotion regarding what was happening. You switched between a lot of characters which perhaps decreased its narrative power and caused it to lose its point of view.

This song and its lyrics have enough varying emotion to make a video that’s both action-packed and emotional, and overall in the end for me the AMV felt solely as action. Which isn't bad if that was your intent.

These are just my thoughts. Others will view this video differently. It was very well made and creative, especially for something made in a few days. Nice work!

CacoVenom
Org Profile

Post by CacoVenom » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:26 am

thanks for your opinion ,i am agreed with it, I hope to do it better next time

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”