The Time Traveler's Gambit

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
James Blond
Org Profile

The Time Traveler's Gambit

Post by James Blond » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:12 pm

If at first you don't succeed, die, die, again!

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: The Time Traveler's Gambit

Post by Kireblue » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:07 am

You did a pretty good job at portraying the story :up: . I do feel that the pace of your cuts were a bit slow though. There's a lot of heavy beats in the song that you kinda ignore completely, and so I think that the video could have benefited from a bit more sync. If you had used scenes Steins Gate 0, I think that you could have even done a bunch of match cuts to help the sync along. Overall, not a bad video though

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:07 pm

I liked the sync at 0:58 a lot.

James Blond
Org Profile

Post by James Blond » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:19 am

Kireblue wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:07 am
You did a pretty good job at portraying the story :up: . I do feel that the pace of your cuts were a bit slow though. There's a lot of heavy beats in the song that you kinda ignore completely, and so I think that the video could have benefited from a bit more sync. If you had used scenes Steins Gate 0, I think that you could have even done a bunch of match cuts to help the sync along. Overall, not a bad video though
I definitely agree with this! Since I was focusing on a part of the Steins;Gate story that didn't get a whole lot of screen time, I was trying to stretch the scenes out a little bit more than I normally would... (Cutting the song down was an option too, but didn't seem right for the story I wanted to tell.)

seasons wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:07 pm
I liked the sync at 0:58 a lot.
:up: Thank you!

vkamv
Org Profile

Post by vkamv » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:22 pm

I really enjoyed watching this AMV. The combo of this anime and song was interesting and you did an excellent job not only matching the visuals to the pace of the song but also the feel and mood of the song as well. There were of scenes that matched with the song gave out a very surreal and mystical feel. A nice change from the the sci-fi mood AMVs for this anime typically give out.

Your choice to keep the effects relatively minimum was wise and I believe gave the work a very clean and cinematic look. The story and theme was very well told and tightly focused. I like how you chose to focus it on Okabe and his relationship with Mayuri.

Overall a very enjoyable watch!

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:41 am

I enjoed this too, i found pacing to be just about right. Story was fairly enjoyable pretty good resolution i think
Still better than that MMO.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”