Glory Us

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
danielhalevy4
Org Profile

Glory Us

Post by danielhalevy4 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:46 am

Hey guys, looking forward to your comments:)

vkamv
Org Profile

Re: Glory Us

Post by vkamv » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:00 pm

danielhalevy4 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:46 am

Hey guys, looking forward to your comments:)
Video/Audio: I liked the color filter you used and your camera panning, however, I found the quality to be pixilated and therefore distracting. Also, I found the mirrored edges (or motion tiles) effect you used to be distracting and obvious. I understand that it's needed in order to do camera pans without zooming in, but a lot of times it would show distortions—giving the visual a bit of a kaleidoscope feel. The song was good and fit the mood and theme you were going for.

Synchronization: I thought you did a good job matching the mood of the visuals with the pace and intensity of the song. Aside from the camera pans it appears you kept effects to a minimum and relied on the scenes themselves to sync with the lyrics and beat of the song. I did think you lingered too long on some scenes, like at 1:40 to 1:50 (the confrontation scene).

The scene with Kyon running (1:55 – 2:00) was a bit long as well, and the scene which followed after was an odd choice. You had Kyon running and then it shifts to a scene of him standing waiting. The orientation of the two scenes make it look like Kyon was running towards another version of himself who was standing at a corner (2:00). Not sure if that was your intent but it felt odd to me.

Story/Theme: Overall, I thought this was a very interesting AMV and you did a great job with your scene selection, camera pans, and overall story telling. The AMV felt like a music video from the 90s and not an typical AMV. You definitely gave me a new perspective of the show and this AMV made the anime seem more mature and serious.

Nice work!

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:35 pm

I appreciated the pacing of this video, appreciated the consistency of the aesthetic you applied to it, enjoyed it for being something very different than what most editors are trying to make right now.

When I say that I appreciate the consistency of your aesthetic, what I mean is that it's obvious that you had a plan and that you stuck to it from beginning to end and that makes the video feel like a finished product that can stand on its own. That said, the camera panning was occasionally too much for me to handle and I am left wondering what this would look like if the visual quality was a little more crisp.

danielhalevy4
Org Profile

Post by danielhalevy4 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:01 pm

thx guys for helping me out!

danielhalevy4
Org Profile

Post by danielhalevy4 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:15 pm

how about some feedback for my OP one.
thaks guys.

vkamv
Org Profile

Post by vkamv » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:30 pm

danielhalevy4 wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:15 pm

how about some feedback for my OP one.
thaks guys.
Visual/Audio: The visual quality itself was pretty good but I found the camera wiggle to be too repetitive and a bit distracting. It seems like it was set on automatic and just repeated the same movement over and over throughout the AMV. Didn’t look natural and distracted me. The song was a good fit for an action AMV. A nice balance of fast and slow pace sections.

Synchronization: I didn’t feel like the visuals really matched the pace of the song. You lingered a somewhat long time on scenes and I feel quicker segments would have benefited the sync. The middle section, from 1:00 to 2:30 was sort of boring because there wasn’t anything really happening. I understand perhaps you were showing a buildup, but it was too long, in my opinion.

Story/Theme: I don’t typically like AMVs that focus on a single fight because they rarely add anything new. This AMV felt like the music was just tacked on to the fight without and any real reason; it seems like I could swap the song with any other song and it wouldn’t make a difference sync wise. If you are going to make single fight AMVs your focus should be on the sync, making it as tight and creative as possible, to give the viewer a new and fresh perspective on the fight.

These are just my opinions and I’m sure others will view it differently. Overall, I thought your other AMV was a lot more engaging and interesting. I hope you continue to make and post AMVs.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”