[AMV] || "The Choice of Stein's Gate"

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
AtlasZeke
Org Profile

[AMV] || "The Choice of Stein's Gate"

Post by AtlasZeke » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:18 am

After doing a AMV on like, four anime togheter i decided to try with just one at a time, i hope you like it

vkamv
Org Profile

Re: [AMV] || "The Choice of Stein's Gate"

Post by vkamv » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:42 pm

AtlasZeke wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:18 am
AtlasZeke wrote:After doing a AMV on like, four anime togheter i decided to try with just one at a time, i hope you like it

Audio/Visual: Visually I thought you did a great job color correcting and grading the scenes to make them flow and blend together well. I also enjoyed the various type of effects and overlays you used to accentuate the music and also the message of your AMV.

However, I did think you lingered too long on black screens (like at 0:52, and 3:38 - 3:46, but that’s just a personal preference, others might see it differently. Also you might want to consider on the quick black flashes to not go 100% black but maybe 25%. It’ll give the same type of effect but not be so harsh on the viewer.

Also, there were scenes that had a good overlay effect but the scene behind it was a bit static, like at 3:01 and 3:05 - 3:06. Perhaps add here a slow zoom on the background scene to make it more dynamic.

Synchronization: Your sync work was excellent. I really liked how you used a vast array of different type of effects to match the beats and transitions in the song. Also, there was a good balance of artificial and internal sync.

Story/Theme: Overall, I thought this was an excellent Stein’s Gate AMV and a good character profile AMV of Okabe. Nothing exactly revolutionary, but it had a great mixture of drama, romance, and action. You also did a good job emphasizing the “race against time” feel of the anime through your overlays.

Nice work! I look forward to more AMVs from you.

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:16 pm

It's pretty cool, i kinda agree on black screens, also a little more toning on coloring maybe but it's pretty minor thing. Kinda like how this turned out
Still better than that MMO.

AtlasZeke
Org Profile

Post by AtlasZeke » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:49 pm

vkamv wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:42 pm
vkamv wrote:
AtlasZeke wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:18 am
AtlasZeke wrote:After doing a AMV on like, four anime togheter i decided to try with just one at a time, i hope you like it

Audio/Visual: Visually I thought you did a great job color correcting and grading the scenes to make them flow and blend together well. I also enjoyed the various type of effects and overlays you used to accentuate the music and also the message of your AMV.

However, I did think you lingered too long on black screens (like at 0:52, and 3:38 - 3:46, but that’s just a personal preference, others might see it differently. Also you might want to consider on the quick black flashes to not go 100% black but maybe 25%. It’ll give the same type of effect but not be so harsh on the viewer.

Also, there were scenes that had a good overlay effect but the scene behind it was a bit static, like at 3:01 and 3:05 - 3:06. Perhaps add here a slow zoom on the background scene to make it more dynamic.

Synchronization: Your sync work was excellent. I really liked how you used a vast array of different type of effects to match the beats and transitions in the song. Also, there was a good balance of artificial and internal sync.

Story/Theme: Overall, I thought this was an excellent Stein’s Gate AMV and a good character profile AMV of Okabe. Nothing exactly revolutionary, but it had a great mixture of drama, romance, and action. You also did a good job emphasizing the “race against time” feel of the anime through your overlays.

Nice work! I look forward to more AMVs from you.
Sorry if i'm late answering this, i was pretty busy ahahah
Anyway thank you very much! For the next time i'll try to make everything even more dinamic to eliminate these little static scenes.
Mol wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:16 pm
It's pretty cool, i kinda agree on black screens, also a little more toning on coloring maybe but it's pretty minor thing. Kinda like how this turned out
Okay next time i will reduce a bit the black screens too v.v

Thank you for you words ! :')

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”